9540 kubota steering problems

/ 9540 kubota steering problems #1  

sgmjersey

Tractor
Kubota m9540
I have a 9540 Kubota 2012 model with 815 hours. The tractor is equipped with a hyd. shuttle and a 24-24 trans. At 300 hours the steering got very heavy and rough at times you have to steer hand over hand. Tractor has been in the shop at two different dealers a total of eight times. Kubota field service reps. have also been involved and came to my farm twice. At present steering is getting worse and the Kubota rep. has told me that I will have to just live with it. I don't think so. Is anyone else having steering problems? G Moore Beebe Ar.

/ 9540 kubota steering problems #2  
My '11 M7040 with 504 hrs just started having stiff steering. I posted a question on Kubota forum but no one responded.

/ 9540 kubota steering problems #3  
Have them check the power steering suction hose. Had a friend had one fail on his 5240. It may suck in under load and look normal when parked. Good luck !

/ 9540 kubota steering problems #4  
There was a post on here a while back with a larger M having steering trouble and I think it turned out to be the priority valve. But being to the dealer 5 times that should of been found if that is it. Have they told you what they have tried?

/ 9540 kubota steering problems
They changed the hand pump, steering cylinder,and priority valve with on results. The latest visit to the shop hyd. pressure was maxed out on hand pump, steers worse and hyd. chatter is very loud.

/ 9540 kubota steering problems
Will do. Thanks