Chains for 44-18x20 turf tires. What size & style for snow?

/ Chains for 44-18x20 turf tires. What size & style for snow? #1  

Jerry1

Bronze Member
Hi everyone.

I've got good tread on my 44-18x20 turf tires and want to add chains for next year. I'll be plowing snow on a gravel driveway. I see numerous used chains for sale, but can anyone give me the correct size (length/width) and a good style or chain pattern for my use? Should I consider chaining both front and rear?

I might also look at new chains, so any recommendations for where to buy those would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Jerry

/ Chains for 44-18x20 turf tires. What size & style for snow? #2  
Tirechains.com and tirechainsrequired.com are the most cited chain suppliers if you aren't interested in getting them locally. They have tire size desiginations listed out as well as the styles available. There have been numerous threads discussing the best chains for different types of tires, different styles of use and general discussion. If you don't find the answers your looking for there, the memebers would be more than willing to help answer any other questions you have.

I use 2 link v-bar ladders on my kubota with r-4's on the fronts only for pushing snow and they work great. I do not have any asphalt.
I run tightened pattern v-bar duo's on the fronts and aquiline talon's on the rear of my 5083E. I use it mainly for getting hay out to the pastures and pulling vehicles out of ditches.

Please fill out your location and signature so we know where your at (related to weather/climate) and your tractor (size, hp, weight etc.)