Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Default Carry All box and adding weight to the front of a Ford Powermaster 851?

Hey guys. Been a while since I have been on this site. I have purchased some property and a Ford 851 Powermaster. I just built a wood box on top of a carry all frame I bought at Tractor Supply that was rated at 1000 lbs for the frame. I don't plan on loading it that much but some have advised me I may need some ballast on the front of the tractor to keep the front on the ground and steering capable. Has anyone added weight to the front of their Ford 851 Powermaster or a tractor that is similar? Or do you know what might be the best, and preferable cheapest way to add some weight to the tractor. If I can get on the site from my phone I will add some pics of the wood box project. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It is appreciated.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Default Re: Carry All box and adding weight to the front of a Ford Powermaster 851?

Here s an attempt at a few pics. Well having a prob posting pics from I-phone. Any suggestions?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

Default Re: Carry All box and adding weight to the front of a Ford Powermaster 851?

I didn't see pics, but I'm assuming you don't have a loader. With loader, the solution is simple...just put wood in the bucket as well as in the carryall. Otherwise, I think adding some weight on the front is likely a good idea if you are going to really load up the carryall. I loaded my TSC carryall heavily enough to crack a weld and need repair...but the carryall frame didn't actually bend.
    Bob

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Nope. No loader on the Powermaster. I have a Bobcat B300 T/L/B with a cab. But the Powermaster is a lot lighter, and with no cab can get around in the woods easier. It looks similar to this. Not as nice, but it is getting there. LOL I'll post a pic of mine with the carry all wood box I built when I have time at home and can use the right computer. For some reason I can not upload my images from my I-phone.

-powermaster-jpg

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Try pictures again. After I hauled some wood out I cleaned the tractor up a bit. Looks a little better in the first pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

I ended up selling this tractor just the other day. I am going to upgrade to a four wheel drive. Kept the heavy duty York rake and the carry all box to use with the next tractor.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Some more. The process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Tractor
    2003 Kubota - L35

Well the order isn't coming out right, but you get the picture. The P.T. Wood was saved from an old deck we use to have. Perfect for this job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg