New To 2WD Tractors.....????

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #21  
1 Load the rears, better traction! You will wish had had sooner. If you need more weight, add wheel weights.
2 Weight for the front, be it cast iron or homemade.
3 Or add a front end loader.

So 1 & 2 or 1 & 3.
I would NOT load the front tires
Try and use the diff lock BEFORE you need it. NOT when one wheel is spinning away, or you might break something

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #22  
1 Load the rears, better traction! You will wish had had sooner. If you need more weight, add wheel weights.
2 Weight for the front, be it cast iron or homemade.
3 Or add a front end loader.

So 1 & 2 or 1 & 3.
I would NOT load the front tires
Try and use the diff lock BEFORE you need it. NOT when one wheel is spinning away, or you might break something

Why wouldn't you load the fronts? People have been doing that for ages, although I think weights would be better....can't get much fluid in typical R1 fronts that size.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #23  
Why wouldn't you load the fronts? People have been doing that for ages, although I think weights would be better....can't get much fluid in typical R1 fronts that size.

My reason not to load the fronts is flat tires. I seem to get a lot of front flat tires and I repair these myself. Also I don't think the weight for 11L-15s would be enough to bother with.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #24  
My reason not to load the fronts is flat tires. I seem to get a lot of front flat tires and I repair these myself. Also I don't think the weight for 11L-15s would be enough to bother with.

Gotcha....that's certainly a consideration. I want/need to add some weight to the front of my Massey for when I'm brush hogging, but plan to weld up some kind of block to hang on the front bumper.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #25  
I had the front tires foamed on the tractor usually used for rotary cutting. Made the 5:00-15 tires probably. weigh 125lbs each. No flats either.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #26  
I had the front tires foamed on the tractor usually used for rotary cutting. Made the 5:00-15 tires probably. weigh 125lbs each. No flats either.

I'll bet that "little tractor" rides rough with foam filled tires.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #27  
Doesn't seem to make any difference. Wide front instead of narrow. Long wheelbase instead of swept back front axle. Operator's seat is well back over the rear tires.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #28  
I have never thought of the foam as adding weight... what's the lbs diffrence per volume of foam vs fluids?

My father in law's tractors see mostly hay fields so fluid filled isn't an issue in the flat dept. Has had more trouble with new junk tubes splitting... one while still in the shed within an hour of install. What a mess... antifreeze everywhere.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #29  
How does foam filled effect carrying capacity? I run 44psi when using the loader.

/ New To 2WD Tractors.....???? #30  
Doesn't seem to make any difference. Wide front instead of narrow. Long wheelbase instead of swept back front axle. Operator's seat is well back over the rear tires.

That's odd because everything I've read about foam filled tires indicated that the foam took all the cushion out of the tires and made tractor ride ROUGHER.