help identifying ford 5000 model

/ help identifying ford 5000 model #1  

ozeants

Tractor
Firstly, thanks in advance for your help:))

I recently became the proud owner of a Ford 5000, but am having problem identifying the model........

The numbers on the bellhousing don't match up with everything that I've found on the net........

Here are the three numbers:
606B

I've removed all the paint and tried brass rubbings etc, but no change to the numbers

The serial number on the engine block is:
RD203725J196

I've attached a few photos to help identify the tractor.... bellhousing numbers.jpgtractor9.jpgtractor8.jpgtractor7.jpgtractor6.jpgtractor5.jpgtractor4.jpgtractor3.jpgtractor2.jpgtractor1.jpgengine serial number.jpgtractor10.jpg

/ help identifying ford 5000 model #2  
I haven't used this for a loooong time. Check this out. FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS
Most people get the numbers from the wrong place on the tractor.
Good luck and please post back what you find.

Wedge

/ help identifying ford 5000 model
Thanks Wedge40, I'd already seen that and found that it was more a generic guide.......
this page gave a specific example of the serial number location:
TRACTOR MODEL & SERIAL NUMBER

All the reading up that I've done seemed to confirm that the correct location for a Ford 5000 is as follows:
http://www.tractordata.com/photos/F000/266/266-td3serial.jpg
This matches up with the springfield info, but not with my tractor......

The first of the photos that I posted shows the numbers on the bellhousing,,,,, the bolts are the attachment for the FEL)

I considered that it could have been an Australian model and have different numbering, but haven't seen anything to that effect on the web.....

/ help identifying ford 5000 model #4  
I would ask the same question at this site. Yesterday's Tractors :: View Forum - Ford.
I think it would be hard to read those numbers behind the FEL frame.
There is a guy at both sites with the username soundguy. He may be able to shed a little more light on what you have.

Wedge