Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS!

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS! #31  
If I was to post anything from this year it would mostly be rain. I have maybe 6" of solid snow/ ice on the ground from a few dustings. I spent 4 hours today putting sand down and pulling the neighbor out of the ditch on my iceway, I mean driveway.

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS!
A friend of mine who lives in southern TX, just told me it's 21 degrees at his house, without the windchill! That's gotta be a rarity!

I don't know what people do in this kind of cold, who lose power during an ice storm, that don't have a generator or a woodstove? It doesn't take long for pipes to freeze with below zero temperatures.

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS! #33  
A friend of mine who lives in southern TX, just told me it's 21 degrees at his house, without the windchill! That's gotta be a rarity!

I don't know what people do in this kind of cold, who lose power during an ice storm, that don't have a generator or a woodstove? It doesn't take long for pipes to freeze with below zero temperatures.

That's what I am thinking. I really feel for people who rarely if ever see extreme cold and are not, and have little reason to be, prepared to deal with it so are forced to suffer. I heard on the news it was 20* in Mobile, AL.

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS! #34  
My neighbor drove his $250K motor coach South of Dallas just before Thanksgiving to escape Winter cold. They finally gave up and went further South last week because it was too cold near Dallas. Guess all that money did nothing to warm things down there.... ;)

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS! #35  
At my brother's place in south St. Louis county yesterday. JD 2520. He made a few bucks in the neighborhood for a few hours work.

STL snow Jan2014.jpg

/ Hercules! Hercules! Hercules! Bring on the PICS! #36  
We only got about 5 inces here, which was dispatched quickly with the rear blade.

Reminds me of my dad reaching the limit of his patience after we lost power the 5th or 6th time one winter and stating that "we lose power every time the president pharts". We got so we could bleed the water pipes in the house in a few minutes, thanks to the frequency of extended power outages. We kept 40 or 50 plastic 1 gallon milk jugs filled with well water in the basement and set up camp in our living room, which had a wood stove. Sleeping bags on cots & a blanket for a curtain to seal off the stairway and things got comfortable once the stove got going. We would've been hard put without that stove.