Help please operating backhoes and pay loaders, controls

/ Help please operating backhoes and pay loaders, controls #1  

diesel lover

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,
I have years of experience when it comes to operating backhoes and pay loaders. I am currently a heavy duty truck mechanic for a fleet and we are responsible for clearing snow from the lot. I operate a kamatsu pay loader with a box and would like to know that the lever to the right does that locks and unlocks

Last edited:
   / Help please operating backhoes and pay loaders, controls #2  
I have years of experience when it comes to operating backhoes and pay loaders. I am currently a try mechanic for a fleet and we are responsible for clearing snow from the lot. I operate a kamatsu pay loader with a box and would like to know that the lever to the right does that locks and unlocks

I don't have an answer for you, but if you post a picture of the control, that might help getting a correct answer. Also list the pay loader model #.

Rgds, D.

/ Help please operating backhoes and pay loaders, controls
It seems like its a differential lock. It seems to make a difference while pushing snow. Its 34* f outside and the snow is coming down heavy. In the best hour or two I may have to drive to work and start plowing work out! I have 40 acres of lot and spaces between trailers/ plus a fuel island.

I have seen a similar lever on a john deere backhoe but this lever I believe on the backhoe engaged the front axle and drive wheels.

/ Help please operating backhoes and pay loaders, controls
Komatsu WA180 Advance loader. Has a 5.9 liter Cummins. Good power. Mid size machine. Perfect size for what we need