kubota bx25

/ kubota bx25
Well- first, can you confirm the engine is turning over or not? it sounds like it's not. This tells me one of safety switches might be on. Another thing - on BX's it does NOT matter if it in turtle, rabbit or neutral to start it. HST pedal absolutely must be centered. Try turning the key to start while rocking pedal it till the starter engages and keep the HST pedal there and then go glow the plows like normal and start like normal. If starter still wont engage, try pulling back on pto lever while turning the key to start,. perhaps the pto lever is out of adjustment. FYI - it makes no difference if you are sitting in the seat or not to start the BX. At least mine doesnt.

If you are trying to charge the battery, sounds like you been cranking it for a long time, pls dont. The BX really starts up quick even in cold temps after glowing for 30 seconds cycle once or twice depending on how cold.I dont engage starter more then 10 seconds if it wont start. I glow it again since the engine cylinders is not hot enough from the radiating cold thru engine block. Try to replace both fuel filters, esp. the one on bottom of tractor. while you are at it, make sure there is adequate flow from tank.
Also you mentioned you used fuel stablizer.. may I ask what kind are you using? We TBN'ers call it fuel additives and they have summer ones and winter ones. You may need to use 911 if your fuel gelled/waxed.

thankyou very much it was the pto switch not going in all the way the bar was bent, fixed it up and away she went.
I really appreciate the brainstorming here

/ kubota bx25 #12  
awesome! glad to hear its back up and runnning.