NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking #1  

Guzzler

Tractor
NH Boomer 3045
Howdy,

New to the site, found this looking for ideas and info. I have a very lightly used 2010 Boomer 3045, approx. 100 hours. I have mainly used it for mowing and snow removal. My tractor looks showroom new.

I wish I had checked things over more carefully in late 2012 when I was going out of warranty, but unfortunately I didn't think about it. Mid last year I found a crack of unknown cause on the back of the right fender, maybe 8 inches long from the center corner forward. Later, after more inspection I found a massive crack on the same fender where it attaches to the roll-bar. The entire fender is coming apart with ZERO physical damage. Oddly, I do not ever get on/off of the tractor on this side due to the loader controls and have NEVER used this fender handle. Throughout this process, I spoke with the dealer several times and always kept it friendly. They were sympathetic but said I had to deal with the Regional CNH rep and/or customer relations at CNH.

The rep is incredibly unprofessional, won't even bother to call me back. CNH customer relations has nothing to offer other than apologies. I am looking at either letting the fender fall off completely in the near future or a repair with $750 in parts and $$$ for labor if I don't do it myself. I am more than willing to pay for my own mistakes but I didn't even bump this fender. In this case, this is clearly some sort of an assembly defect or ??? I realize that I found this 6 months + out of warranty and I mean nothing to CNH as I am not buying huge farm equipment, but I saved for a LONG TIME to buy this Boomer. At one point, I simply asked for a fender at cost and they dismissed this immediately.

Sorry for crying on your collective shoulders but I feel so incredibly burned by all of this. I will not tell you what to do, but I can promise you that I will never buy anything from CNH again. So, the questions. How many out there have been burned by the same fender issue? Any suggestions on a repair if I can't afford the new fender? I would love to see some pictures if you have the same problem.

Thanks!
Dennis/WI

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking #2  
New Holland has done a terrible job dealing with this issue. The fender on my 2005 TC35A began to crack while the tractor was still under warranty. A lease return tractor that had a warranty through 2009. New Holland played the, oh that problem, here let us send you a part that will fix your problem, whoops, it's on back order, don't worry we will get it to you. Part finally comes and it is the same disfunsional part that was installed at the factory. They repeated this game a second time before the warranty ran out. Long story short New Holland never made right on a very poorly designed fender attachment. A search here should find others who have also had a problem with the fenders. The older tractors had the same fender with a much more solid attachment set-up.
I have finally found a neighbor who welds, with the same tractor and the cracked fender. We are going to make up a pair of brackets to support the fender. New Holland should make this right, as I have been happy with the tractor otherwise.

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking #3  
I wonder if you could use a fender from an LS tractor? Since LS makes the boomer anyway right? Got any pics of the problem? B.

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking #4  
Not just Boomers. I have a 2010 Farmall 40 that the fenders are cracked at the center mouting hole out about 6", both fenders. I didnt notice it when I bought the tractor. I traded a 2001 tc35D in . The fenders on the old newholland were much much better. The cracks on the Farmall havent gotten any longer in some 700+ hours of use mowing/snow removal. This leades me to think the fenders were cracked at the
factory during building. I never mentioned this to the dealer. I will be more observant next purchace, what ever the brand. lt190b

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking #5  
I wonder if you could use a fender from an LS tractor? Since LS makes the boomer anyway right? Got any pics of the problem? B.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Always sucks when a company doesn't stand by their products and take care of the customers.

LS makes the non-cab Boomers, i.e. the Boomer 30, 35, 40, 50 ... plus the little ones, and now the Workmasters.

The Boomer 3040,3045,3050 are NH/Shibaura builds. Parts are likely not interchangeable.

/ NH Boomer fender issue, spontaneous cracking
I should have put pictures on to start but had some computer issues. Not sure these are completely clear. Included some shots from top and bottom. As you can see, very clean tractor, even under fenders. Still open to any suggestions. large crack - next to seat.jpglarge crack from under.jpgphoto.jpgphoto[1].jpg

Thanks!