Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    L4600 Hst

Default Re: Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor!

Could you have your Wife talk to my Wife?

Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

Gotta love that Gal of yours. I'd be all for going bigger on the tractor but have you considered just upgrading to little larger on your lift cylinders? Don't know what you currently have but going from a 1.75 to 2" cylinder is a 1472# ( @2000psi) push increase per cylinder ( 1.5" to 1.75" @2000psi is 1271# increased push per cylinder). Just have to be sure the loader could handle the increased lifting ability. Here is a thread where Mars1952 upgraded his small Deere FEL. He also has a Youtube Video on the project. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...cylinders.html
    Darryl

Tractor
    Deere 790

Quote Originally Posted by Kernopelli View Post
    Gotta love that Gal of yours. I'd be all for going bigger on the tractor but have you considered just upgrading to little larger on your lift cylinders? Don't know what you currently have but going from a 1.75 to 2" cylinder is a 1472# ( @2000psi) push increase per cylinder ( 1.5" to 1.75" @2000psi is 1271# increased push per cylinder). Just have to be sure the loader could handle the increased lifting ability. Here is a thread where Mars1952 upgraded his small Deere FEL. He also has a Youtube Video on the project. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...cylinders.html
    I'm concerned about the rest of the equipment being able to handle the weight. I could feel the rear end become lighter with the last bale I moved even with over 700# in the ballast box. Thoughts of the front axle breaking or the frame arms buckling were crossing my mind as I was slowly backing down the slope to the feeder. A great sigh of relief when it was set with nothing broken. So I don't think I'll do much to increase the lifting capacity of the FEL; maybe get lighter forks or go to a single spear.
    Andrew Abrams
    Marcellus MI
    JD 790 with JD 300 loader
    60" Frontier tiller
    72" Frontier rear mower
    60" IMCO brush cutter(35 yrs old)
    72" disc (maybe as old as the IMCO)
    Ford PHD (the only blue stuff around)
    Frontier landscape rake
    MMC fork attachment

"You can't love until you've been loved; and then only to the extent that you have been loved." Steve Brown

Tractor
    jd 4600

Your wife told you to but a bigger tractor???? Does she have a younger sister???

Tractor
    International 2500a with Loader

Always listen to your Wife
    ::welcome :::RON
    never stop learning.

Tractor
    New Holland t1510

Im looking at this.....and I have one question? Are you at your dealer yet...? what a wife!!!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305

wife suggested we buy a motorcycle instead of the fishing boat I was whining about for months. went to the bike dealer within an hour after that comment, came home with the new ride. waiting (impatiently) for her to suggest the larger/newer tractor.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

geesh..that wife's a keeper. My wife was the one that told me to get the cab tractor.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    geesh..that wife's a keeper. My wife was the one that told me to get the cab tractor.
    Same here, I was sweating my tail off on my old Yanmar and the wife tells me "Why don't you buy a tractor with a cab and AC so you don't sweat so much" Well it didn't take me long to go looking for one. A year or so after getting my LS, I sold that old Yanmar to my sister for a low price after I bought my B26 TLB. 2 tractors are useful, but 3 was pushing it a bit.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    4410 and F-935 John Deere, MF 245

Impressed with your wife but bet she figures a bigger tractor would save her having to come out and help. I know you have mentioned that you don't want to lift more weight with your tractor but just bumping up the pressure setting on your pressure relief would give you the 30-40 extra ponds of lift you need. A bit of extra weight or a buddy seat (for your wife) in the ballast box and away you go.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345