Rescued a fireman tonight, lol sorta...

/ Rescued a fireman tonight, lol sorta... #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I was sitting down to dinner when my neighbor (the fireman) called my cell tonight. He says, hey, can you come pull me outa the ditch? Seems he was dodging a herd of deer right down the road from our houses and put his Chevy 4x4 in the ditch. He drove it a couple hundred feet in the ditch trying to get out before he stuck it good.

I scarfed down my dinner and went to find him. He hooked my snatch strap to his front tow hook and my drawbar pin and got back in his truck. We both punched it and I pulled him along in the ditch for quite a ways. He then let off the gas and the truck popped right out onto the road. That's the second time I've pulled him out of a snowy ditch :)

I've pulled a few people out of ditches in the last 10 years with the Kubota but I'm always impressed by the pulling power of the L3710.

Kevin

/ Rescued a fireman tonight, lol sorta... #2  
It's always good to help out a neighbor, you never know when you'll need help. I've helped out my neighbor a few time and he's helped me a few, it seems to even out in the wash.

/ Rescued a fireman tonight, lol sorta... #3  
It's always good to help out a neighbor, you never know when you'll need help. I've helped out my neighbor a few time and he's helped me a few, it seems to even out in the wash.

I am sure like many of you all am of the opinion that is if we all help each other out when we can this world would be a better place. To many folks just willing to drive or walk by a friend in need. I don't mean just pullin each other of the ditch but maybe plw the neighbors drive way when they don't expect it or if not comfortable plowing , clean out the plowed snow into the end of the drive way by the highway department.

Guess I am way to old fashioned my dad always taught me to help others !!

/ Rescued a fireman tonight, lol sorta...
I am sure like many of you all am of the opinion that is if we all help each other out when we can this world would be a better place. To many folks just willing to drive or walk by a friend in need. I don't mean just pullin each other of the ditch but maybe plw the neighbors drive way when they don't expect it or if not comfortable plowing , clean out the plowed snow into the end of the drive way by the highway department.

Guess I am way to old fashioned my dad always taught me to help others !!

I plowed out 5 neighbors Monday morning when it was 15 F below zero with 20 mph winds. I don't charge money but sometimes someone will buy me some diesel. They will also feed our dogs when we're out of the country for a few weeks this summer. We have great neighbors and consider ourselves very lucky.