Chains I wonder how one chain would work?

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new tire chains for the Kioti. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the tracking still show them to be in Earth City Mo. where they have been for 2 days. In other words, the normal check in and check out tracking seems to be stuck. I get this box, but the delivery guy doesn't look like he is straining too much. I can easily pick the box up and inside I find a box repackaged within the box. Whoops, just one chain. Not good. The distributor is checking on it. But I am thinking one chain is not going to do a whole lot of good on snow and ice:laughing:
Somewhere up east is a lonely little chain pining for its mate!

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #2  
Good for going in circles!

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #3  
One chain is 1 times better than no chain. it is your rear end and your money, if you run it without the other chain.

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #4  
Runnin' around those south Missouri hills, you'll probably never notice the difference.:D

/ I wonder how one chain would work?
Runnin' around those south Missouri hills, you'll probably never notice the difference.:D

Yeah, you do know that all the cows around here have legs longer on one side than the other. It is so they can remain fairly level while grazing.:D

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #6  
I guess you could put the one chain on and run with diff lock on all the time...or drag the brake on the unchained side.

I guess you could put the one chain on and run with diff lock on all the time...or drag the brake on the unchained side.

Yeah, that would be a pretty sorry sight, I bet on snow and ice..they are supposed to be "investigating" where in heck my other chain is... you know UPS.;)

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #8  
Yes Sir. Been there done that. We have a highway plow truck at work, a Chevy top kick. We put on two chains but lost one... being there is not differential lock, and no differential brakes, the truck got stuck five times in a few hour period. 4 times I pulled it out with our komatsu pay loader. Everytime he would start to get stuck the chained tire would grip but the unchained tire would spin! Complete differential slip!! I even had to pull him out of the ditch at our entrance ... yikes!

If it were me and you do have a differential lock you can do one of two things, you can run it with one chain and when you start to slip lock the differential or you can just wait till the other one gets there. I hope if nothing else ups buys you another chain!!!! Jeeze what a joke .

Yes Sir. Been there done that. We have a highway plow truck at work, a Chevy top kick. We put on two chains but lost one... being there is not differential lock, and no differential brakes, the truck got stuck five times in a few hour period. 4 times I pulled it out with our komatsu pay loader. Everytime he would start to get stuck the chained tire would grip but the unchained tire would spin! Complete differential slip!! I even had to pull him out of the ditch at our entrance ... yikes!

If it were me and you do have a differential lock you can do one of two things, you can run it with one chain and when you start to slip lock the differential or you can just wait till the other one gets there. I hope if nothing else ups buys you another chain!!!! Jeeze what a joke .

Well this post was just for fun, to begin with, I fully intend to wait for the other chain to arrive.:D

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #10  
Well this post was just for fun, to begin with, I fully intend to wait for the other chain to arrive.:D

I only figured but shipping gets stressful when things get lost. Good luck to ya!