Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default I wonder how one chain would work?

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new tire chains for the Kioti. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the tracking still show them to be in Earth City Mo. where they have been for 2 days. In other words, the normal check in and check out tracking seems to be stuck. I get this box, but the delivery guy doesn't look like he is straining too much. I can easily pick the box up and inside I find a box repackaged within the box. Whoops, just one chain. Not good. The distributor is checking on it. But I am thinking one chain is not going to do a whole lot of good on snow and ice
    Somewhere up east is a lonely little chain pining for its mate!
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default Re: I wonder how one chain would work?

Good for going in circles!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

One chain is 1 times better than no chain. it is your rear end and your money, if you run it without the other chain.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Runnin' around those south Missouri hills, you'll probably never notice the difference.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    Runnin' around those south Missouri hills, you'll probably never notice the difference.
    Yeah, you do know that all the cows around here have legs longer on one side than the other. It is so they can remain fairly level while grazing.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

I guess you could put the one chain on and run with diff lock on all the time...or drag the brake on the unchained side.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by rd_macgregor View Post
    I guess you could put the one chain on and run with diff lock on all the time...or drag the brake on the unchained side.
    Yeah, that would be a pretty sorry sight, I bet on snow and ice..they are supposed to be "investigating" where in heck my other chain is... you know UPS.
    James KUA

Tractor
    Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,

Yes Sir. Been there done that. We have a highway plow truck at work, a Chevy top kick. We put on two chains but lost one... being there is not differential lock, and no differential brakes, the truck got stuck five times in a few hour period. 4 times I pulled it out with our komatsu pay loader. Everytime he would start to get stuck the chained tire would grip but the unchained tire would spin! Complete differential slip!! I even had to pull him out of the ditch at our entrance ... yikes!

If it were me and you do have a differential lock you can do one of two things, you can run it with one chain and when you start to slip lock the differential or you can just wait till the other one gets there. I hope if nothing else ups buys you another chain!!!! Jeeze what a joke .

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by diesel lover View Post
    Yes Sir. Been there done that. We have a highway plow truck at work, a Chevy top kick. We put on two chains but lost one... being there is not differential lock, and no differential brakes, the truck got stuck five times in a few hour period. 4 times I pulled it out with our komatsu pay loader. Everytime he would start to get stuck the chained tire would grip but the unchained tire would spin! Complete differential slip!! I even had to pull him out of the ditch at our entrance ... yikes!

If it were me and you do have a differential lock you can do one of two things, you can run it with one chain and when you start to slip lock the differential or you can just wait till the other one gets there. I hope if nothing else ups buys you another chain!!!! Jeeze what a joke .
    Well this post was just for fun, to begin with, I fully intend to wait for the other chain to arrive.
    James KUA

Tractor
    Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Well this post was just for fun, to begin with, I fully intend to wait for the other chain to arrive.
    I only figured but shipping gets stressful when things get lost. Good luck to ya!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast