Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod.

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I sent an email to Kubota Corp concerning a Safety Latch Pin modification for their FEL. This modification or something like it might prevent future problems with the latch pin setup. I linked them back to the two threads on TBN concerning the problem of the pin jumping out and releasing the FEL and all of our suggestions on a fix.

Here's a link to the problem and the repair of the damaged FEL.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/300056-la1153-loader-kubota-m6040.html

Here's a link to the thread referring to our ideas of a fix.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/300460-qa-loader-frame-latch-pin.html

Here's a picture of the fix that I suggested to Kubota, thru the above link. It was a simple matter of adding a spring to hold the latch pin down.

Here's Kubota's response to my email. :thumbdown:

To
  • ovrszd60@yahoo.com

Dear Sir,
Thank you for this information. Although this is certainly a clever way to secure this pin. It is not an authorized Kubota modification, and we do not condone or support the installation of it on our products. We do appreciate you as a Kubota customer and your thoughts regarding our products!

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, distribution or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #2  
You just been B---- slapped.:laughing::D At least you got a answer.

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #3  
Richard, I think it's hilarious that you posted this part of their reply as well....
:)

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, distribution or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #4  
   / Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #5  
Obviously attorney fed not engineer fed. CYA all the way.

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod.
You just been B---- slapped.:laughing::D At least you got a answer.

They didn't give me the time of day..... I really didn't expect much. What concerns me is this. Let's say now I have an FEL failure that should be covered under warranty. What happens when Kubota finds my latch modification???

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #7  
They didn't give me the time of day..... I really didn't expect much. What concerns me is this. Let's say now I have an FEL failure that should be covered under warranty. What happens when Kubota finds my latch modification???
YEP! Just remember to put it back to OEM condition before you file... :D

Richard, I think it's hilarious that you posted this part of their reply as well....
:)

Yeah, I read that several times. I'm legal to review, re-transmit, distribute or otherwise use or take action,,,,, but you guys ain't!!!! :D

YEP! Just remember to put it back to OEM condition before you file... :D

True that!!!!

I wonder if this is the normal response for any kind of modification.

Like we talked about the other day,,, if Kubota starts offering some sort of latch on that pin I'm calling them Little Cheaters!!! :D

/ Kubota's reply to FEL Safety Latch Pin Mod. #10  
Now watch another tractor company go w/idea.