Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Hydraulic "hard" Line crack

My kubota B3030C Cab model has a hard hydraulic line that attaches to the right (while sitting in seat) side of the motor, just above the fuel filter. The crack is just back of the connection to the motor. I was thinking of putting on a rubber clamp to seal off the crack so I could continue to use it till I can get it to the shop. Anyone else ever do this?
    Kubota B3030HSDC: LA403 FEL, B2775 six way front 72" blade on Kubota B2791 Quick Hitch Subframe, RC72-30B MMM 72", Loaded R-4 Tires.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200hst

Hydraulics are running around 2,500 psi. Rubber or hose clamps aren't likely to help with that kind of pressure.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: Hydraulic "hard" Line crack

Thank you for the reply. I tried but to no avail. The fluid kept coming out. This happened once prior and they had to remove the cab to replace the line. Grief, This cab thing is getting expensive, I think next time I'll get a soft cab.
    Kubota B3030HSDC: LA403 FEL, B2775 six way front 72" blade on Kubota B2791 Quick Hitch Subframe, RC72-30B MMM 72", Loaded R-4 Tires.

It sounds like it could be a steering line...if so it will leak more when the steering wheel is being moved...

again...if so...it is not difficult to replace...[edit] sorry...now I see the issue with the cab...

good luck...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    It sounds like it could be a steering line...if so it will leak more when the steering wheel is being moved...

again...if so...it is not difficult to replace...[edit] sorry...now I see the issue with the cab...

good luck...
    Thank you, You are correct. I looked at the line and it seemed simple enough to remove from the front engine position, then I determined there were no other connections that I could find as I saw it run under the cab. Why they don't break these things down prior to going under the cab is an engineering mystery.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

any way to remove and realce with a soft line. even if you have to cut the hard line to remove.

ie. cut old line. then add soft line with cab on?
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Gold Member
    Tractor
    555DTC Farmall 200

I have used compression fitting to splice cracked steering hard line with excellent success. Can you cut the cracked section out and use them????

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

depends on how close the crack is to the fitting I guess.
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

IMO cutting/splicing the line with a compression fitting would be at least a temporary solution...

FWIW I recently replaced one of the steering hard lines...I know the cab complicates things...the cowling under the dash etc. has to come off (in my case the steering wheel, the hand throttle handle etc. had to be removed just to get the cowling off)...I also disassembled the parking brake linkage for more room...
    ...again FWIW I believe you will need a 17mm (line) wrench for the oem fitting...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Long

I don't know if this would work in your situation but if you could get one end loose and drain the fluid out I have seen them brazed and still holding 15 years later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast