Son of a......

/ Son of a...... #1  

8N Ren

Gold Member
Tractor
8N Ford
Well that's just great.
I was clearing a 3 ft drift at the end of my driveway yesterday in the frigid cold with strong winds.
I get about halfway done plowing and my rear tire gives out!
The belts separated, cut the tube and calcium was pouring out. ARRGH! now I've got a nice ridge of snow going up the middle of the drive.
I knew it was going but was hoping it would hold on till March when I'll have some extra cash.

On a somewhat related note it happened to me in October with the other side.
I went to a buddy's place to spread out a load of gravel for him. On my way home it split. I was covered head to toe in calcium! On top of that I was 3 miles from home! Then just as I'm nearing my road a bear pops out to say hello lol.

Man some days I tell ya. Time to call around for some new tread. Rant over.

/ Son of a...... #2  
old tires give out when you need them to hold togather a little longer.

/ Son of a...... #3  
You can't fool mother nature.

/ Son of a...... #4  
well at least the calcium may have helped melt some of the snow on the driveway :) Hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble

/ Son of a...... #5  
Depending on what your driveway is made of, and the slope on it, don't be surprised if a mud hole appears, and possibly deep..!! If it can't run away, or get diluted by the snow and run off, it will thaw what's frozen, straight down, and just be soup.

I know, just what you wanted to hear... But just a bit of warning, just in case..!!

/ Son of a......
I got it parked with the split sitting at 12 o'clock. Checked it again this morning and it's not losing anything.
DJ...As for the slope, no, my place is in the bush surrounded by the prairies, she's flat as a pancake.
Murph... Ain't that the truth.
BB...yup lol.
Well at least I can look forward to changing a tire out in the open in -40°C BWAH HAHA

/ Son of a...... #7  
I knew it was going but was hoping it would hold on till March when I'll have some extra cash.

On a somewhat related note it happened to me in October with the other side.

Hmmm. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

/ Son of a......
It's probably double the price up here compared to what you'd pay in the U.S.

/ Son of a...... #9  
Some things you have to replace in pairs. A front unit bearing went out on the wife's S10 Blazer. I only did the one, six months later the other one failed. I should have done both the same time. I know after doing the first one I could do the second one quicker.

/ Son of a...... #10  
Out here I deal with thorns the size of hypodermic needles. Always flat the day I really needed to use the equipment. When I had my second Kubota I was always and when I say ALWAYS I mean at least once week, repairing tires. I pulled off the new factory set and bought a newer more ply tire with some thorn barrier between the tire and tube, no help. Finally I got the track loader and obviously have never had a flat since. That decision has saved me a lot of time in money running back & forth to the tire dealer. At one time I knew all the tire guys by name, now I can't hardly remember what tire store I went to and I love it.