To Bleed Or Not To Bleed?

/ To Bleed Or Not To Bleed? #11  
On my little 2 cyl kubota the shut off valve turns back open after a few sec, so when I turn the key on it is pumping fuel all the way to the injectors back to tank. .

No electric fuel transfer(lift) pump will pump fuel into(through) injector lines therefore if inj lines have air in them they will need to be bleed manually. Granted the lift pump possibly could pump fuel through return line back to tank BUT that won't get air out of inj lines if it's present in inj lines. Granted some newer tractors are self bleeding but not ALL tractors are self bleeding when it comes to DIESEL

/ To Bleed Or Not To Bleed? #12  
I have no idea. I accidentally ran my 953 Cat out of fuel and the manuel says to crack the fuel lines to bleed the air out as well. I'm lazy and didn't want to do that. So I removed the fuel filter (it was empty), filled it up with diesel and screwed it back on. About three cranks and it fired right up. This procedure was specifically singled out in the manuel as a "do not do this". I'm sure the manuel doesn't want it done this way as you run the risk of contamination in the filter and I spilled diesel on me/the loader/the ground.

Now that I think about it, almost every diesel manuel I've ever read says to bleed the lines when changing the fuel filter.

/ To Bleed Or Not To Bleed? #13  
I had a Cummins V6 diesel in an '83 Grimmer-Schmitt air compressor that did not need to be bled when run out of fuel. Just start it up and voilà! She cranked back up. the old 3 cylinder John Deere engines out of the old 310 backhoes were a bugger to bleed. I had two of them in air compressors (Sullair 175CFM & 185CFM) as well. #Nightmare

P.S. Pretty cool set up with the V6 Cummins diesel in the Grimmer-Schmitt too. She ws set up to run the engine on one cylinder bank while the other cylinder bank did the compressing of the air.