Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Super Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,224
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    How did you go from Cat ll to a Cat l implement seeing how the Cat ll pins are 32" apart & Cat l pins are 26" apart? Thanks,Jim

  2. #12
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    148
    Location
    Blue Grass, VA
    Tractor
    John Deere 5203, John Deere 5083e

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by gwdixon View Post
    Get a Cat 2 Pat's easy change. (click on the blue link) Then bush the pins on the Cat 1 to make them Cat 2.

    This is what I did with a Cat 2 Kubota M7040 and it works great for both categories. I was able to get the slide in replacements. Not sure if they are still made. Give them a call. They are very helpful.

    Pat's is a sponsor on TBN. Check the top of the "Attachments" forum.
    I would recommend not getting these for the 5075e. I got some for my 56 hp john deere, the side bolts were always bending and other parts were bending as well. this may be fine if your going slow, but i was mowing about 8 mph in rough terrain, so this may have been a problem. but even with my father they would bend going 4 mph. i think they are a great if you dont have bumps and not in a rush all the time. For my experience they were not worth the money. If you get them, i hope they work better for you and anyone else that purchases them. I had to replac each side bolt 5 times before i finally took them off. also i found it easier to hook up with out them to the bush hog.

  3. #13
    Super Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,224
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    gwdixon
    I received my USED Pat's Quick attach in the mail yesterday that you sold me. I've very satisfied with them although my post lady complained about the weight of the box. I enjoyed doing business with you. Jim
    PS: anyone interested in buying a slightly used HF quick hitch that's in good shape for $70 OBO

  4. #14
    Elite Member gwdixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,712
    Location
    Northern CA

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    gwdixon
    I received my USED Pat's Quick attach in the mail yesterday that you sold me. I've very satisfied with them although my post lady complained about the weight of the box. I enjoyed doing business with you. Jim
    PS: anyone interested in buying a slightly used HF quick hitch that's in good shape for $70 OBO
    Heavy box indeed. My wife usually takes packages into the Post Office to mail. An outright, "No thank you" on that package.

    The Pat's inserts should fit just fine.

    Hey, I just had a thought. If you like the Pat's and will sell me the old Kubota inserts & levers then I can cut them up and use them for the Pat's weld-ons that are coming on Monday. I'll give $45 with free shipping. A medium flat rate box from USPS will cost about $15 to send - no weight restriction if under 70 lbs. Let me know by PM.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

  5. #15
    Super Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,224
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    I think I'll keep the original inserts with the balls to enhance my M7040's resale/trade in value. Thanks anyway,Jim
    PS: just for grins I looked up the price of the inserts with the balls & they're $206.82 ea.

  6. #16
    Elite Member gwdixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,712
    Location
    Northern CA

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    I think I'll keep the original inserts with the balls to enhance my M7040's resale/trade in value. Thanks anyway,Jim
    PS: just for grins I looked up the price of the inserts with the balls & they're $206.82 ea.
    EACH!!!! Yeow!

    That makes the Pat's price look like a bargain.

  7. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    390
    Location
    West
    Tractor
    JD 60, 3020, 2030, 2240, 2640, Farmall A

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    How did you go from Cat ll to a Cat l implement seeing how the Cat ll pins are 32" apart & Cat l pins are 26" apart? Thanks,Jim
    This is the issue. I'm sorry to say, the Quick hitches are made for one type. the ones that you show for the arms only/balls are not true quick hitches. A dedicated cat 1 or cat 2 system, you can hitch w/out getting off the tractor. I have an older JD quick hitch and the bottom and top pins have to be in a specific location (which Deere puts on their equipment). All you need is that bushing showed in a post to adapt the bottom and keep a pin on the top (some say w/ a a bushing).

    I also have a Cat 1 quick hitch similar (mine is heavier duty) to this NorTrac Three-Point Quick Hitch Category 1 | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment . It has an adjustable top link hook, since most manufactures do not keep a constant distance between the bottom links and center top link. For my hard to hook up equipment, the hooks in the bottom are faster and only adjusting the top hook is simple for me.


    Now, certain tractors, as I read, the bottom "balls" come out and can be switched from Cat 1 or 2. My tractor, you had to put a bushing ON the hitch pin (2) bottom, one top to convert from cat 1 to 2. But the bushings are only $3-5 each....each tractor has 2 sets in the tool box. The balls are usually pricey...so most just get/keep the Cat 2 balls and use a bushing on the pins.


    If someone wanted to make an adjustable width quick hitch like the fixed units (like the Northern tool linked), it could be done. It would only be two bolts to adjust the width. If the center hook is adjustable, it would work.....

    Quick hitches were made/developed because of bigger and bigger equipment (ie V rippers, 4 bottom plows). It was difficult for some to jocky the tractor around or pulling the pin for the telescoping arms didn't work or moving the implement to the correct position was not an option.

  8. #18
    Super Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,608
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    If you end up using Pat's I'd be curious for a followup thread about how they hold up. The MX8 is gonna test them for sure. That's probably a 1900lb attachment that is going to put a lot of lateral stress on the Pat's.

    I carry a JD1008 (older version of MX10) with a CAT II QH. I'd be nervous using a Pat's.
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  9. #19
    Super Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,224
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    If you end up using Pat's I'd be curious for a followup thread about how they hold up. The MX8 is gonna test them for sure. That's probably a 1900lb attachment that is going to put a lot of lateral stress on the Pat's.

    I carry a JD1008 (older version of MX10) with a CAT II QH. I'd be nervous using a Pat's.
    After viewing the Pat's Quick attach I think they will be fine as I've be using a Harbor Freight(China made) quick hitch on a 6 ft tiller and JD 709 cutter for several years with no problems. I also used HF QH on a Howse 8 ft cutter before I bought the JD 709.

  10. #20
    Super Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,224
    Location
    North Texas
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliburz View Post
    If someone wanted to make an adjustable width quick hitch like the fixed units (like the Northern tool linked), it could be done. It would only be two bolts to adjust the width. If the center hook is adjustable, it would work.....

    Quick hitches were made/developed because of bigger and bigger equipment (ie V rippers, 4 bottom plows). It was difficult for some to jocky the tractor around or pulling the pin for the telescoping arms didn't work or moving the implement to the correct position was not an option.
    Anything is possible but IIRC the question was will a QH fit both Cat l & Cat ll which it won't without SERIOUS ALTERATIONS!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Switching from Category I to Category II on the PTO Hitch?
    By SanDucerro in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 08:55 AM
  2. Quick hitch category 1 lift pins
    By Tact in forum Attachments
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. Quick Hitches Quick Hitch for Category 0
    By Jeffrla in forum Attachments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 10:12 PM
  4. 3-Point Hitch Quick Hitch for JD equipment
    By jimjo2 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 12:31 AM
  5. Category 1 Implement on Category 2 Hitch?
    By daycab in forum Attachments
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.