Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same Quick Hitch

Other options:

You could modify the cat 1 implements to clevis mounts so they had two hitch points:

-cat1-2implement-jpg

Or change the single mount to use a dual category pin:

-cat1-2pins-jpg

Bruce

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    After viewing the Pat's Quick attach I think they will be fine as I've be using a Harbor Freight(China made) quick hitch on a 6 ft tiller and JD 709 cutter for several years with no problems. I also used HF QH on a Howse 8 ft cutter before I bought the JD 709.
    Yeah, I'm familiar with Pat's having owned a CAT I set. My concern is the lateral stress put on by the heavy cutter with it's COG at least 4' behind the pins. If Pat's has a weakness it would be the small bolts used to hold each one straight on the 3pt arm. Those same small bolts would have that lateral stress applied to them.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Other options:

You could modify the cat 1 implements to clevis mounts so they had two hitch points:

-cat1-2implement-jpg

Bruce
    Now we're talking. This the perfect fix/modification.

I modified two CAT I attachments to fit CAT II QH using that method. Works great. I can use them with my CAT II tractor and my Brother can use them with his CAT I tractor. Both of us using QH's.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with Pat's having owned a CAT I set. My concern is the lateral stress put on by the heavy cutter with it's COG at least 4' behind the pins. If Pat's has a weakness it would be the small bolts used to hold each one straight on the 3pt arm. Those same small bolts would have that lateral stress applied to them.
    That is why the Pat's inserts are especially nice. No bolts, no clamps, none of the other adjustment stuff (shims for example). The inserts just slide into place where the telescoping balls were mounted and the existing OEM pin is used to secure them with the same geometry as the original balls. No telescoping ball mounts...SOL.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Now we're talking. This the perfect fix/modification.

I modified two CAT I attachments to fit CAT II QH using that method. Works great. I can use them with my CAT II tractor and my Brother can use them with his CAT I tractor. Both of us using QH's.
    ovrszd & bcp
    Modifying the implement to accept Cat l & Cat ll was not in the thread title. I will refresh your memory on the title of this thread """Re: Using Category 1 and 2 Equipment With the Same quick hitch""".
    These Cat l/Cat ll pins in your photo will not transform a true Cat l implement into a Cat ll without the aid of a welder
    Anything can be ACCOMPLISHED with a welder/cutting torch and a very experienced operator!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tractor

gwdixon, that's slick. Didn't know they offered those. That definitely solves that problem!!!

TxJim, that's what we are saying, modify the attachment with clevis brackets and you can pick it up with either kind of QH. And the modification can be done on a factory CAT I attachment or a factory CAT II attachment. Problem solved without any kind of hack job.

Modify the attachment with the pins, CAT I turned in, CAT II turned out and you get the same result.

It's just stronger to create clevis brackets.
    Richard

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 60, 3020, 2030, 2240, 2640, Farmall A

Pat has an interesting system for sure. Not sure how much weight it could carry, as stated those centering bolts. Reminds me of the LaForge arm ends.
    http://www.fronthitch.com/v3/images/...mer13%5D10.jpg
    But they use some ball adapter.....

If I had a newer JD 5000N series w/ the L shaped lift arms, in theory, I could just "build" a new slider and weld the Pat Cat 2 System on new material. The 5000N L shaped arms would keep the hooks on Pat's parallel when going from cat 1 to 2. On my 2640 (older style arms), a permanent mounted system would not work since if you set it up for cat 1 (ie welded) and then moved them out for cat 2, the hooks would not be at the right angle (parallel to the implement hitch). But he does have an interesting product. I'm afraid I'd break it w/ what I do.....

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

gwdixon, that's slick. Didn't know they offered those. That definitely solves that problem!!!

TxJim, that's what we are saying, modify the attachment with clevis brackets and you can pick it up with either kind of QH. And the modification can be done on a factory CAT I attachment or a factory CAT II attachment. Problem solved without any kind of hack job.

Modify the attachment with the pins, CAT I turned in, CAT II turned out and you get the same result.

It's just stronger to create clevis brackets.
    I'm just trying to get the OP's original question answered CLEARLY.
    I thought the question was "will a Cat l QH fit both Cat l & Cat ll implements" or "will a Cat ll QH fit both Cat l & Cat ll implements" not can a QH be modified to fit both Cat l & Cat ll. Normal Cat l hitch pin points are 26" apart & Cat ll hitch pin points are 32" apart. Installing the pins in the photo is not a simple bolt in on Cat l implements as the Cat l ends will be TOO CLOSE together for a QH IE Cat l pins will be a lot less than 26" apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tractor

Yeah, I get you. Guess this discussion is over then.
    Richard

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

I wasn't trying to imply that this thread should end but rather I was trying to keep it on track. As I previously stated anything can be altered with a cutting torch,welder & qualified operator.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast