Problem with a new Kubota 2370

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #1  

bandit99

Tractor
bx 2200
I have a new one that only has 13 hrs on it. When I start it during cold weather it races at 3000 rpm for about 30 seconds and then quits. After that it is hard to start again. Doesn't seem it would be good to have it at that RPM cold. Once I get it running again it seems to run fine. Haven't been real pleased with it so far.
Throttle position makes no difference.

Last edited:
   / Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #2  
Don't know how far away your dealer is but I'd take it back to have him fix the problem.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #3  
Have you treated your fuel?Powerservice or Howes?

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #4  
now is the time for the dealer to get the bugs out while Warranty is still in effect.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #5  
Agree. This is precisely what a warranty is all about. You didn't say whether you've made your dealer aware of the issue. That's your first phone call. Hope it works out simply and quickly.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370
Plan on contacting dealer Monday, but was hoping there was something simple that could be pointed out to me. Dealer hasn't been real good so far. Delivered tractor and installed snowblower on front. Hammered the shaft on to the rear PTO. It was cold, said probably ice on it. When came time for me to remove front mount blower I couldn't get it off. They came and got it, said it was a burr. While there I had them install block heater. overcharged my credit card $44 from what they quoted me on phone to charge my credit card. I guess I better take it up (40 Miles) and have a talk with the dealership owner and let him know that so far I'm not real happy!

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #7  
Have you treated your fuel with any additives for cold weather? And, have you purged the fuel line? In in extremely cold weather fuel gelling can be a real issue.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #8  
I have a new one that only has 13 hrs on it. When I start it during cold weather it races at 3000 rpm for about 30 seconds and then quits.

The only reason the rpm would go to 3,000 rpm would be excess fuel provided to the injectors even with the throttle arm in the retarded position. Take a deep breath and push the dealer to get it right.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370
In Maine the diesel is cold weather treated at the pump I believe. Today was nice and sunny and 27 degrees, Tractor sitting in the sun and it did the same thing. Never had this pproblem with my BX2200 in 8 yrs. We'll see what the dealer says Monday. Was hoping someone would say something like" Oh, that's easy, just turn the cuniffiler pin to the right and it will cure the problem". No such luck. Want to get it squared away before something breaks or I do damage that will show up after the warranty period. Thanks for the responses.

/ Problem with a new Kubota 2370 #10  
Are you sure the throttle is set at idle or is it set a fill throttle?