Batteryminder 1500 Review

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #11  
Thanks for the informative review, Ford850. It just motivated me to get one for my 2007 L3240 tractor, which is my primary snow removal tool and still has it's original battery. I dread the day that it won't crank and there's work to be done - way too much for me & the shovel!
-Jim

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review
Thanks for the informative review, Ford850. It just motivated me to get one for my 2007 L3240 tractor, which is my primary snow removal tool and still has it's original battery. I dread the day that it won't crank and there's work to be done - way too much for me & the shovel!
-Jim
You're welcome. I have a block heater and use it on a timer when I expect storms, but I also keep the Minder plugged in to the tractor battery through the coldest weeks. It's nice to know the battery will be at absolute 100% perfomance at any time in case of unexpected storms or when I forget to plug in the block heater/timer.
On a side note, after seeing how well this worked for me last winter my brother and my nephew both bought similar tender/minder/maintainers (although differnet brands). When we were together over Thanksgiving, they raved about how well these things worked on their batteries and how foolish they were for not getting them years ago.
I didn't note this in the first post, but the extension cord I bought for this is actually made by Schumacher. It seems like the toughest cord and best priced. The connectors are interchangeable between brands so the pigtails, Minder, and extension cord all work together fine. I liked the quality of the extension cord so much I bought another one in the summer to use on my 12v sprayer, extending the cord to the tractor and mower easier. And that was cheaper than making one.

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #13  
Is it safe to use a 12v tender on 6v or 8v battery.

Is it safe to use a 12v tender on 6v or 8v battery.

No. The one I reviewed here is 12v only. There are other similar models, and brands, that are switchable for either 6v or 12v.

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #15  
Thanks Ford850 I'll have to look around.

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #16  
I just bought one of these models, haven't even opened it up yet but it's going to go on the Kubota in the winter to keep the battery topped off.

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #17  
Do you have to disconnect the battery or just clip this on and go?

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #18  
Do you have to disconnect the battery or just clip this on and go?

It came with battery clamps so just clamp and go. I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with the ring terminals like my older model did, gonna have to get back on Amazon and order some.

I have ring terminals for all my batteries. I leave the Minder plugged into the wall outlet, and move the 25' cord from battery to battery.

/ Batteryminder 1500 Review #20  
I've owned this charger ( Battery MINDer | 12 volt 2/4/8 Amp Battery Charger, Maintainer, & Desulphator )for 5 or 6 yrs. now and with around 30- 12v batterys to maintain it's had a lot of use. whether or not it will extend a battery's life or not you'll have to wait a few more yrs. for my reply. Any battery that's sitting for any length of time I put on the charger for a few days to a wk. once a mon. to top them up and have time to desufate. I think in a few more yrs. I will be able to say with some credibility if it works or not.