Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,171  
Yes, tractors are cheaper than trucks and wheel loaders, more versatile, no road taxes and much easier and cheaper to get a drivers license so you can find drivers quite easy.

And they dont go so much slower than truks, many reaches almost 60 km/h and when working speed dosent matter that much.

That is quite a combination of incentives. It all makes sense.

We have seen a lot more high speed tractors coming into the US and even our "standard" ag tractors go much faster. Probably for a lot of the same reasons - I just had not thought of it that way. Some of it is just because farms have grown requiring a lot more road time to get to and from fields. I know one farmer out in the Dakotas and Montana that has acreage spread over 600 miles (1000 km) and roads all of his equipment because it is too large to break down an haul.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,172  
FYI my understanding is that when JD ships a tractor from the US to Europe it is equipped with special road gears and air brakes. Not all of them but a majority. Later

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,173  
40 km/h demands all wheel brakes, 50km/h must have front suspension and there are much more demands for brakes and suspension on trailers.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics
#1,174  
Nice day to cut and split up a cherry tree thats been down since fall... First i had to make a path through the yard. Then the fun began:)

image-1882007797.jpg

Attachments

• image-2721420136.jpg
    image-2721420136.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 229
  • image-2788373816.jpg
    image-2788373816.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 214
  • image-2184596537.jpg
    image-2184596537.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3807003693.jpg
    image-3807003693.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 231
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,175  
Nice day to cut and split up a cherry tree thats been down since fall... First i had to make a path through the yard. Then the fun began:)

View attachment 419111

Looks like someone else besides me still has plenty of snow on the ground, misery loves company, I went in the woods Sun. afternoon breaking down the woods road, tried to haul a log out, but didn't get far, had to unhook it, just barely got my tractor out. The wood in your bucket isn't split very small, must have a good back and a big door on the woodstove.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,176  

View attachment 419111

Looks like someone else besides me still has plenty of snow on the ground, misery loves company, I went in the woods Sun. afternoon breaking down the woods road, tried to haul a log out, but didn't get far, had to unhook it, just barely got my tractor out. The wood in your bucket isn't split very small, must have a good back and a big door on the woodstove.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,177  
Removed the snowblower and FEL for the first time today. you can see my 8 cord in the background.
tractorfel.jpgtractorwoods.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,178  
Removed the snowblower and FEL for the first time today. you can see my 8 cord in the background.
View attachment 419515View attachment 419516

You must have the new Kubota that replaced my (07) L3400 with a metric version, L3301, and how'd that 8 of next winter's wood get there already, I haven't cut one tree yet for next season, because the snow is/was to deep.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,179  
View attachment 419515View attachment 419516

You must have the new Kubota that replaced my (07) L3400 with a metric version, L3301, and how'd that 8 of next winter's wood get there already, I haven't cut one tree yet for next season, because the snow is/was to deep.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #1,180  

A friend of mine was cutting softwood with a harvester and I was able to get some hardwood from him for a good price. He hauled it close to the woods road and I just had to buck it up and haul it home. It's nice having in done this early. A lot less flies bothering you while you're splitting. Spend just as much time shovelling it out as I do on the axe though.