Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #151  
If it is oak (looks like to me) then the green weight I think is around 64 lbs per cuft. If indeed 4' long, and 3' diam, then there is about 28 cuft of volume, times 64 would equal around 1800 lb. Good load on the Deere, but looks to handle it ok.
Any ballast on the rear of the Deere?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #152  
Im guessing 4' long with a 36" diameter weighing about 500 lbs.

i agree with beenthere weight of the wood depends on species and whether or not it is green.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #153  
Wow that is one thick log!

here's one of the larger pieces of fire wood the rhino has handled- firewood load 2 2013 008.jpg

and here is the wider ends diameter firewood load 2 2013 006.jpg
no idea what the weight was

it took a little fanegalling to grapple it off the trailer but seemed to pick it up and transport it ok

-made sure to mount the heaviest 3 point implement on the back for some extra stability

enjoying all the pictures everybody- keep em comming:thumbsup: Oh and the height of the log was just for the (pose)- not a real good idea to carry heavy weights up this high...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #155  
What was the diameter on both ends and how long was it?
Not sure of length but the bucket is 73 inches and the log isagainst the edge on the other side. The diameter is a tad over three feet. Someone else mentioned 500 pounds. This log weighed a lot more than 500 pounds because when I went to raise it, the hydraulics were completely maxed out. It creeped up to the height it was out. Creeped very very slow with the stick pulled back. I have picked up my 1300 pound counter weight with my bucket and chain a few times to move it and it picks up the weight much easier. So im guessing this log weighs closer to 1 ton

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #156  
Here a couple I lifted. (I posted these in another thread)

15'' on the small end 25'' on the big end 12.5' long somewhere around 1700-1800lb

This one was hollow about 5' up. It was y heavier than the other one.

If it is oak (looks like to me) then the green weight I think is around 64 lbs per cuft. If indeed 4' long, and 3' diam, then there is about 28 cuft of volume, times 64 would equal around 1800 lb. Good load on the Deere, but looks to handle it ok.
Any ballast on the rear of the Deere?

I punched in 36'' for the big and small end and 4' long and got 1731lbs. His bucket is probably close to 300lbs so he is lifting about 2000lbs which is impressive for that size tractor.

Timber and Lumber Calculators at WOODWEB

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #157  
i agree with beenthere weight of the wood depends on species and whether or not it is green.
My hydraulics were completely maxed out! could barely lift it. I can lift my 1300 pound counter weight by the bucket with ease. This log weighed closer to 1 ton

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #158  
Im guessing 4' long with a 36" diameter weighing about 500 lbs.
your correct about dimensions but was maxed out with hydraulics. I don't know trees at all but it had my hydraulics maxed out. Look at the front tires. closer to a ton

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #159  
Pardon the not so up to date on the snow issues (Florida)...but what in the world is that giant outdoor wood stove looking house thing?

Sorry, didn't realize you where asking about my stove. I wouldn't say its giant (they make much larger ones) but yes it is a large outdoor wood boiler, big enough to heat my whole house and hopefully a garage/ workshop I hope to build in the future. There are insulated underground water lines that feed the hot water into my house and a heating coil in the duct work of my house.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #160  
Dropped/moved a bunch of trees over the weekend...my back is about worn out from picking up the little pieces. This is the bulk of one tree we dropped. The big stuff was dragged over to my neighbor's place to make 30' boards for his boat build. At one point we had my LS pulling his Farmall Super M just to move the biggest tree.