Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #11  
Here are a couple of shots I came up with. Typically my wife runs the splitter and I run the saw. Often, I will get everything cut before she finishes with the splitting. For some of the BIG oak rounds, I've been breaking them up a bit with a wedge and sledge and then she can more easily split them with the power splitter. I am thinking about picking up one of the SpeeCo four-way splitter attachments this spring - I think it will really save a lot of time.

The first pic is our typical setup with the two utility vehicles, one with a trailer and the other with the splitter. We did just trade in the Mule for an RTV1140 a few weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how much wood we can stack in the rear of the extended bed of the RTV1140.

The second pic is from last summer when we rented a chipper for our annual camp improvement weekend to take care of limbs from some various trees around the camp that we took down. It was truly amazing.

IMG_2937.jpgP6010147.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #12  
Well, it is half of the logs and half of the tractor but it is the only pic I had of both. Logs are on the rollway to the sawmill. Probably not what you were expecting.:D

Attachments

• simmons_pine2 007.jpg
    simmons_pine2 007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,615
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #13  
Just last week, bringing in wood

ForumRunner_20140212_220019.png

In the fall, bucking logs and bringing them over to cut & split

ForumRunner_20140212_220033.png

ForumRunner_20140212_220158.png

ForumRunner_20140212_220211.png

ForumRunner_20140212_220243.png

The little guys helping Daddy

ForumRunner_20140212_220302.png

ForumRunner_20140212_220313.png

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #14  
several

this one will be milled

truck,tractor, and wood

tractor, tree, and saw

tractor wouldn't lift this 5ft cube of green chesnut oak

old tractor and a dump trailer of popular

again

brother, father, dog

milling

firewood in the tractor barn

backhoe as a skidder

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #15  
Couple of 4720/Wildkat shots. And agree on the comment on bucking with a grapple

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #16  
100_1137.jpgIMG_0665.jpg
Couple of 4720/Wildkat shots. And agree on the comment on bucking with a grapple
Let me try that again! first shot with forks. sure wish I had the inventory some of you guys have!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18  
Terryknight, the pic labeled "milling" got my attention. It looks like you are dumping a cherry log in a concrete trough. I need more explanation.:confused:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19  
it is a concrete trough but it is the right height with a 6x6 across it on one end and a 2x6 on the other so that i can run the chainsaw mill without being on the ground or rigging up something else to hold the log up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20  
This is how I did it last year, (didn't have a tractor then) this year will be much better with new tractor.

image.jpg

Emergency pile still in woods!

image.jpg. image.jpg