Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #202  
Here's a peek at my log getter I started to build back in April. I'm gettin close to trying it out, just trying to finish it to the point I can paint (spray) it outside before it gets too cold. :cool2:

Attachments

• DSCN3715.JPG
    DSCN3715.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 641
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #203  
I did this work a couple weekends ago up at camp. Split about just about 3 cord.

Trailer Load #1.jpgTrailer Load #2.jpg

1 Empty Trailer.jpgAll Split.jpg

Although the splitter made quick work of the job, I sure missed having my tractor to do all the lifting.
On the plus side, I got to meet Gordon in person, and he got a chance to run the splitter.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #204  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #205  
The camp is pretty basic in design, but we have added quite a few creature comforts over the years. You want for nothing when there, but the best part is that there is NO cell service. So when we go there, you totally unwind.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #206  
I couldn't agree more on the joy of being free of cell phone calls from time to time. The phone sure is handy at times and I admit that I keep mine (cheap flip phone) with me most of the time but it is enjoyable to have periods in one's life without being interrupted every 15 minutes. But I guess there aren't too many folks who believe like I do.

When I was at the Minnesota State Fair I was looking at the new Chevrolet Colorado pickup (I was impressed by the way). The Chevrolet rep spent more time that I thought necessary to explain to me the phenomenal features of the blue tooth capabilities and how I could "interact" with the truck. She was very cordial and knew her product. But we didn't get to talk about the new v-6 engine,the diesel that is coming in 2016, towing capacity and fuel mileage until later in the discussion. Again, this a nice truck and I think will be successful in the market place.

I guess that I just need to accept that the majority of our society want's to be "connected" at all times and that a vehicle's electronic communication capabilities are quite important. Not me mind you. I like a little peace and quiet once in while.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #207  
I couldn't agree more on the joy of being free of cell phone calls from time to time. The phone sure is handy at times and I admit that I keep mine (cheap flip phone) with me most of the time but it is enjoyable to have periods in one's life without being interrupted every 15 minutes. But I guess there aren't too many folks who believe like I do.

When I was at the Minnesota State Fair I was looking at the new Chevrolet Colorado pickup (I was impressed by the way). The Chevrolet rep spent more time that I thought necessary to explain to me the phenomenal features of the blue tooth capabilities and how I could "interact" with the truck. She was very cordial and knew her product. But we didn't get to talk about the new v-6 engine,the diesel that is coming in 2016, towing capacity and fuel mileage until later in the discussion. Again, this a nice truck and I think will be successful in the market place.

I guess that I just need to accept that the majority of our society want's to be "connected" at all times and that a vehicle's electronic communication capabilities are quite important. Not me mind you. I like a little peace and quiet once in while.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #208  
The camp is pretty basic in design, but we have added quite a few creature comforts over the years. You want for nothing when there, but the best part is that there is NO cell service. So when we go there, you totally unwind.

I haven't been too camp in years, but when I did go it wasn't really a camp it was a house (old farm house) up on a mountain and it had all of the modern amenities of a house that you live in well not all there wasn't a dishwasher and the heat was only from a wood burning stove. This was in Brookville Pa I kind of miss going but I am not as young as I used to be.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #209  
I did this work a couple weekends ago up at camp. Split about just about 3 cord.

Although the splitter made quick work of the job, I sure missed having my tractor to do all the lifting.
On the plus side, I got to meet Gordon in person, and he got a chance to run the splitter.

I enjoyed meeting Mike. And I must say his SuperSplit splitter is most impressive. The thing just gobbles up a pile of big diameter blocks as fast as you can feed it.

His camp is in a nice quiet spot. 6.2 miles from nowhere .... Literally. My kind of place.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #210  
Here is a picture of some of my firewood