Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #541  
Arrow I really like the turf tires maybe not the greatest in mud but have only chained them up about 1/2 doz. times during the winter when it's icy and not cold enough for traction in the last 23 yrs.
Gordon the bugs here do the same as there by the sound of it the pitch pockets form on the pine trees I think wood peckers have gone over the fir by the looks of it. The balsam here is at higher elevations and I've seen it with root rot.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #542  
gaproperty and Terry that's a heck of a way to get a rest hope you heal real fast , take care..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #543  
Had some free time today so used the Kubota to clean up the firewood area. Love my 72" piranha tooth bar. Makes the bucket much easier to control.

Also skidded a couple logs that we're blocking my fence line trail. It's just big enough for my Honda Foreman. (0:

image-888018980.jpg

image-4258981599.jpg

image-347888769.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #544  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #545  
Hoping to start pulling log this weekend

ForumRunner_20150101_135853.png

ForumRunner_20150101_135929.png

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #546  
Hoping to start pulling log this weekend
That should get the job done!
Hoping to do the same here now that is frozen up some.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #547  
Looking' good Papa. Yep the PTB is a must have in my opinion.

The more I use the tooth bar the sharper it gets! That chisel grind on the bar must self sharpen! Lol! It works great for skimming top of grass to remove dirt or derbies without ripping grass out. It's pretty amazing how much better it works. And that's coming from a guy with around 700 hours of loader experiance.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #548  
He heats two homes, both houses' hot water, and a decent-size shop with wood, so he burns way more than 8 cord/season. There are a lot more than a dozen of those racks around. I'd guess 40-50?

The racks we build for wood to sell are 1/2 cord. The new one we built (pictured above) was for junk wood to toss in the Woodmaster, so it was a bit larger than that. Surprisingly, his bigger tractor (A Case 95 with a Woods loader) lifts them with no problem, even full of wet Hickory. They all live outdoors. There are often several together. That, combined with the steel roof lets the wood get plenty dry before it's burnt or sold.

He has had four of the medium-size Case tractors in the last several years. He tried one with a cab, but we always found it to be a pain to get in and out when you're doing any work with it and didn't like the loss of maneuverability in the woods. It's one thing to catch a couple branch ends with the ROPS. It's another to have to replace a big piece of glass.

Sometimes reading these post, I learn about the Good the Bad and Ugly. The Good, I looked up some specs. on that Case 95 4x4, that is one good size tractor, at 90+hp. it would be good to get wood with that tractor, the front tires look the rear tires on my L3400.

Looked up WoodMaster, they make wood stoves, the Bad, on their website they have a posting, "get your woodstove while you can", looks like in a few years it will be against the law to burn firewood, the Ugly, that sounds like to me anyone who wants to burn firewood has to upgrade to a more wood fuel efficient way to burn wood at a cost of $10,000-$20,000, the stoves will be operated by computers and smartphones, and for people like me who have all they can do to get on this forum and don't know how to get viruses out of the computer, the IRS and the government will be there to help me out. Happy new year, I guess.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #549  
Sometimes reading these post, I learn about the Good the Bad and Ugly. The Good, I looked up some specs. on that Case 95 4x4, that is one good size tractor, at 90+hp. it would be good to get wood with that tractor, the front tires look the rear tires on my L3400.

Looked up WoodMaster, they make wood stoves, the Bad, on their website they have a posting, "get your woodstove while you can", looks like in a few years it will be against the law to burn firewood, the Ugly, that sounds like to me anyone who wants to burn firewood has to upgrade to a more wood fuel efficient way to burn wood at a cost of $10,000-$20,000, the stoves will be operated by computers and smartphones, and for people like me who have all they can do to get on this forum and don't know how to get viruses out of the computer, the IRS and the government will be there to help me out. Happy new year, I guess.

The Woodmaster is fantastic. I wish I could justify one, but we don't have enough property to produce the firewood in the long term so I'd have to buy. Since our gas bill looks like it will max out at ~$120/month in the winter, I'd never offset the cost.

As for the proposed regulations, they won't impact systems that have already been manufactured. So nobody that already has one installed will have to upgrade. I am sure that the manufacturers are already working on compliant systems, so I wouldn't worry too much about availability if they do go into effect.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #550  

Yes, but your L3400 can go places the larger tractors can't, like between trees. All the more reason to have multiple tractors.