Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,571  
35M Uniforest Log Skidding Winch | Hud-Son <<<<<Wow 230' x3/8" cable, I'd cut the cable in half and have two cables and now it's on sale, comes standar with lower pulley, right now this a lot better buy than Frandsgaurd IF it can pull from the top or lower pully without breaking them off, I AM NOT A REHOOKER to the lower notches like the guy does on the video>> Fransgard V-34 - YouTube <<<That has city urbenite written all over it, I'm a country bumkin and no way on Gods green earth would I ever haul a log/logs like that, but hey if that's floats your boat go for it.

Fransgard V-34 Winch for sale in Union, ME. Union Farm Equipment Union, ME (8) 935-7999

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,572  
I have to find everything for you Maine guys :D

Swivel End Fitter T3 | Hud-Son

Hint: look under Accessories

gg

Again you must have a knack for finding stuff, I went up and down in and out, type it in and on the Hud-Son website and I couldn't find that thing, Oh and I did go on Accessory Section, Thanks

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,574  
35M Uniforest Log Skidding Winch | Hud-Son <<<<<Wow 230' x3/8" cable, I'd cut the cable in half and have two cables and now it's on sale, comes standar with lower pulley, right now this a lot better buy than Frandsgaurd IF it can pull from the top or lower pully without breaking them off, I AM NOT A REHOOKER to the lower notches like the guy does on the video>> Fransgard V-34 - YouTube <<<That has city urbenite written all over it, I'm a country bumkin and no way on Gods green earth would I ever haul a log/logs like that, but hey if that's floats your boat go for it.

Fransgard V-34 Winch for sale in Union, ME. Union Farm Equipment Union, ME (8) 935-7999
New Fransgard Winches - Save some $$$ Sale Ends 3/31/218 - farm & garden - by dealer - sale
I rehooked with my old L275 or I would have gone over backwards.
Also I was pulling a lot of smaller trees with 6 chokers, and often came out with 8 or more on a twitch.

As I've mentioned before I had 230 feet of cable for a very brief time; now it's <100 feet. :( Changing out is going to be a pain, as it requires laying the winch on it's back and taking the nut off the main pin; I something I was all too familiar with on my old pre2800 Fransgard.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,576  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,578  
I had this load of firewood to split from last Sat...

standard.jpg

So, I got all the smaller stuff split and then it was time to rip the big pieces to make splitting easier,

standard.jpg

My old 268xp got a work out, splitting those big rounds of oak,

standard.jpg

and S :) :) N I had a nice pile of splits for next years burn season,

standard.jpg

Now on to the next tractor adventure! :laughing:

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,579  
New Fransgard Winches - Save some $$$ Sale Ends 3/31/218 - farm & garden - by dealer - sale
I rehooked with my old L275 or I would have gone over backwards.
Also I was pulling a lot of smaller trees with 6 chokers, and often came out with 8 or more on a twitch.

As I've mentioned before I had 230 feet of cable for a very brief time; now it's <100 feet. :( Changing out is going to be a pain, as it requires laying the winch on it's back and taking the nut off the main pin; I something I was all too familiar with on my old pre2800 Fransgard.

When my front end comes up 3' off ground the blade on the winch stops the tractor from going any further, the rear wheel just dig holes.

As far changing cable being a pain, I thought Fransgard was the the worst till I did a few changes, before I had to unhook the hole winch from tractor and take off every part that would come off and still had a hard time to get the spool out, so's to make changing out cable easier. Or if not quick on the draw when the cable breaks near the winch, the rest of the cable will whine inside the winch and that's what happen to me last week, 36' went inside winch, enough to finish up if the cable didn't go inside.

Here's some pictures of the change, theres two 1/2" fine thread case hard bolts on both sides of that front winch frame marked in red, take off the one big nut and then those four bolts and the spool slides out, before the front frame was welded between the white lines. Had my son give me a hand.
IMG-0299.JPG IMG-0300.JPG IMG-0330.JPG IMG-0344.JPG IMG-0341.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,580  
Now a picture of a $45.00 block of steel that holds the cable. Five years ago I changed cable and with a quick look I thought that cable block was seized and be hard to take apart so when I went down to Union Farm I ordered cable, few other things and a new cable block, the sales clerk said that bock is a little high, I thought he said 4 or 5 $$$$, yea a little high but not to bad. The stuff was all in the next Sat, went down to pick the order up, I got back home thinking the bill sounded little pricey for what I bought, I looked at the receipt and wow $45.00+tax on that little block. I turned around and took that thing back, the sales guy gave me static saying I told you that cable block was high, I said high is an understatement, more like a rip-off, boy was I -------, I got refunded and got out of there before I could get to an argument, at certain times when money is tight I get upset on overpriced parts, but then again on most people on TBN dont blink an eye on a $25.00 pair of socks.
IMG-0333.JPG IMG-0342.JPG That cable block is about 1-3/16 long, 3/4" thick, 7/8" wide with a set screw, I used some heat on the one I have and use never seize when goes back together.