Diesel fuel treatment

/ Diesel fuel treatment #1  

Rohdog

Tractor
1978 D6806 Deutz,1966 MF 135
Anyone ever try seafoam in diesel fuel tractor? Do you put it in fuel filter or just add to tank?

/ Diesel fuel treatment #3  
Skip the seafoam and go straight to Howes.

/ Diesel fuel treatment
Thank you, I' getting tired of this snow and cold..here in northern ohio...i'm sure it's the same in Wisconsin. Giving my tractor a workout this winter..for sure.

/ Diesel fuel treatment
What is Howes?...better than seafoam?...add to fuel or add to fuel filter when new? I have power service in fuel now but I want something to clean fuel system.

/ Diesel fuel treatment #6  
Seafoam, also known as snake oil. Is only IPA, naphtha gasoline and baby oil/mineral oil.
Save your money and run #1 dewaxed diesel in the winter. Dose it with a little IPA to absorb the water.

/ Diesel fuel treatment
I do run off road diesel...with power service.....maybe i'll just leave it be.

/ Diesel fuel treatment #8  
I do run off road diesel...with power service.....maybe i'll just leave it be.
seafoam is not worth the money for regular use! I used to use it but it cost 4 times as much as Lucas fuel additive. For gasoline I only add ISO heat alcohol fall and spring. I change my filters and the fuel additives are not worth the money.

For diesel only add a winter anti gel. Can't trust the pump around here. Howes an power service are great anti gel around here!

/ Diesel fuel treatment #10  
I used to use Power Service white bottle, until they changed the formula and instructions. They now warn to only use it in cold months. I switched to Howes Diesel Treat, which can be found just as easily, and it can be used year round. No gel problems.