Tires Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires??

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I just got two new front turf tires for my Kubota B2710, as the original Carlisle "Turf Master" ones were shot after 465 hours. I ordered Titan "Multi-Trac" 23x8.50x12 in 6 ply. I got them thru the local JD dealer about 2 miles away. He had one in stock and had to order the other one. Anyway the one he got in was the same tread and marking as the one he had in stock, only instead of saying Titan as the maker they say Carlisle! Plus it seems that the rubber is softer, like its a different compound and the qualitiy seems cheaper! The dealer says that Carlisle now owns Tiatan. I just hope that the Carlisle tire last as long as the Titan one. Are they the same? or should I ask for one made with Titan on it!

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #2  
Von, Carlisle has been in business for a quite some time. They make good tires. I had a set on a garden tractor for 23 years (also using chains on them in the winter to push snow), gave the tractor away. It's still chuggin with the original tires. Hope your mileage does not vary. BobG in VA

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #3  
VON
I copied this from Carlisle’s 2000 annual report.
Carlisle Tire & Wheel had another record year in 2000, making major advancements in its product offerings, manufacturing efficiencies and replacement parts distribution. Carlisle Tire & Wheel acquired Titan International's Consumer Tire and Wheel Division in 2000. As we integrate this acquisition, it will strengthen our ATV and commercial lawn and garden product offerings. Additionally, major expansions at two offshore plants in China and Trinidad will provide the capacity for future growth.
Annual Report
Looks like your <font color="green"> JD </font> Dealer is right.

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #4  
They aquired the Consumer Division....As in lawn and garden and ATV. Titan International still manufactures Ag tires. They still offer the turfs on their ste though /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #5  
i don't know if one would be better than the other. but i would think u would want both the same, if u can see or feel the diffeence, would think they would wear and work differrent,mabey i am wrong again /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #6  
Carlisle tires were made in Carlisle PA and they have since vacated that plant. I believe that all the tires are now being made over seas. As to the quality, only time will tell, but I am of the opinion that when a manufacturer goes to the other side of the world to produce a less expensive product, that the quality will also suffer....

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires??
Junkman,
The tire still reads "MADE IN THE USA" on it! Still seems like the rubber is a softer compound. I guess time will tell! I'll have to see if it wears out faster or not. I didn't want Carlisle's as the last ones on the tractor were just junk, didn't even last 400 hrs.! They had no tread when new and didn't last very long. I hope the new one is not made of the same rubber compound!

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #8  
Tires Made in the USA today are made from synthetic rubber and many of the Tires coming from China and Malaysia are natural rubber. Synthetic rubber tires can be made to wear as long as natural rubber tires but the normal useable shelf life of synthetic tires is 4-6 years. The synthetic rubber compounds oxidize much quicker than the natural rubber compounds. Carlisle is average quality but usually will not last as long as Deli Tire, Kenda, or most of the other imports. Carlisle Lawn & Garden is made to hold air and to sell, not last a lifetime.

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #9  
"USA quality not up to Chinese standerds" ? What next?

/ Titan tires now owned by Carlisle tires?? #10  
Do you guys think the larger turfs on compact tractors will say carlisle on them and not Titan? I've already noticed that the new JD garden tractors we get in have carlisle tires in them.