Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 240, JD Z950A, JD 4115

Default Re: Dealer gave me the wrong filter - need short term guidance!

It makes plenty of sense. Did you actually read my post or just rush to judgement? Try re-reading it. You can answer your own questions. Around here, NAPA sells more than just WIX filters.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

why did you get a HST Filter for a gear machine?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    none

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    why did you get a HST Filter for a gear machine?
    Dealer gave me the wrong filter.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
    It makes plenty of sense. Did you actually read my post or just rush to judgement? Try re-reading it. You can answer your own questions. Around here, NAPA sells more than just WIX filters.
    "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer"

That's what I read. I'm pretty certain that is a direct quote. I'm not confused or rushed, just calling you out on a statement that has no basis in fact.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer"

That's what I read. I'm pretty certain that is a direct quote. I'm not confused or rushed, just calling you out on a statement that has no basis in fact.
    NAPA does sell filters that are better than many OEM's offer. I didn't say all, I said many, and that is true. Lots of guys in the lawn care business buy them there for that reason. Has plenty of basis in fact. You just may not chose to believe it. Fine with me.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

NAPA does sell filters that are better than many OEM's offer. I didn't say all, I said many, and that is true. Lots of guys in the lawn care business buy them there for that reason. Has plenty of basis in fact. You just may not chose to believe it. Fine with me.

That nails it down nicely. A bunch of lawn mower drivers drinking the NAPA Kool-Aid become filter experts. I'm convinced.
    I copied and pasted that quote of yours. It is EXACTLY what you posted. Verbatim. "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer"

It's a claim that NAPA itself isn't foolish enough to make.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    That nails it down nicely. A bunch of lawn mower drivers drinking the NAPA Kool-Aid become filter experts. I'm convinced.
    I copied and pasted that quote of yours. It is EXACTLY what you posted. Verbatim. "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer"

It's a claim that NAPA itself isn't foolish enough to make.
    Good grief dude! You are acting coming off like a real jackass. You are obviously talking out you ear here. Otherwise you'd have enough common sense to know that heavy commercial ZTR's that run 1200-1500 lbs are about as hard on hydro fluid and filters as anything made short of possibly heavy construction equipment. All the back and forth direction changes, side hill mowing (which is really hard on fluid due to the heat that it builds doing that type of mowing) and on and on. How arrogant you are coming across as. Pro lawn guys care as much about their equipment as anyone. No kool-aid drinking going on. Just business pros who know what works and what doesn't. Many of them are also mechanics.

Try putting on your glasses and read it again. "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer" That's true.

I have to wonder if maybe you own a small equipment dealership and are afraid of losing business if others find out that they can get as good a filter at NAPA as they can from you. No other legitimate reason for one guy to get so wound up over a comment on a public forum.

Tractor

Good grief dude! You are acting coming off like a real jackass. You are obviously talking out you ear here. Otherwise you'd have enough common sense to know that heavy commercial ZTR's that run 1200-1500 lbs are about as hard on hydro fluid and filters as anything made short of possibly heavy construction equipment. All the back and forth direction changes, side hill mowing (which is really hard on fluid due to the heat that it builds doing that type of mowing) and on and on. How arrogant you are coming across as. Pro lawn guys care as much about their equipment as anyone. No kool-aid drinking going on. Just business pros who know what works and what doesn't. Many of them are also mechanics.

Try putting on your glasses and read it again. "NAPA sells better filters than many OEMs offer" That's true.

I have to wonder if maybe you own a small equipment dealership and are afraid of losing business if others find out that they can get as good a filter at NAPA as they can from you. No other legitimate reason for one guy to get so wound up over a comment on a public forum.
    They will remove your post for name calling and cussing, no need for that. Rick has been around here for a long time giving good advice and tec tips. No need for personal attacks we are all after the same thing.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    none

So...

Got the filter from the dealer this morning. Topped of the fluid and did a major snow cleanup around the compound, and brought in a couple weeks worth of wood. Funny how I've gone 30 something years without a tractor and now I count on it so much.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by hiker88 View Post
    So...

Got the filter from the dealer this morning. Topped of the fluid and did a major snow cleanup around the compound, and brought in a couple weeks worth of wood. Funny how I've gone 30 something years without a tractor and now I count on it so much.
    Its kinda catchy too, soon you will have another tractor. Then a third.
    Murph ------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast