What if a new tractor wasn't new?

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #41  
I was just going to state to make sure it was 31 hours and not 3.1. It's happened before.

Lawn mowers are bad, they tell you the battery voltage as you first start them, can't say the number of times someone threw a fit because their new mower had 12.5 hours on it what they started it.

If it is 31 hours, just ask the salesman before flipping out. Maybe it was an honest mistake?

That happened to me.:ashamed:

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #42  
If my kubota tractor engine is on and turning the hour meter is running regardless of pto status, or engine speed. If it idles for an hour the hour meter will show an additional hour

Not mine. My Kubota counts TACH hours. They are NOT HOBBS meters. The RTV I have uses a HOBBS meter.

Big difference. I think you will find every Kubota tractor that way. If mine idles for 3 hrs, the tach will show about 1hr.

31 hours on a 'new' machine means it's not new. Very simple...It was rented out, used at the stealership, or returned. I saw John Deere selling a kubota with 25 hours or so on it and they used it quite a bit as a comparison machine.

The parts for a 50hr service isn't much. I'd DEMAND 2 sets of air filter/s, 1 Hydro filter, 1 set of HST filters if applicable, 1 fuel filter, enough UDT2 to do the first trans service when required @ 400hr + an extra quart, and FREE pickup and delivery during the entire warranty of the machine. Oh, i'd make them throw in some hats, T-shirts, stickers, and a can of Kubota Orange paint.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #43  
31 hours is not a lot of hours. But I would consider this a used tractor. In fact you purchased a new tractor and for me I would have them pick it up and exchange it for a new one. Or make a serious adjustment. I would also talk to the General Manager. New means new and your hard earned dollars is paying for just that!

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #44  
I hope the OP updates us soon with the results of contacting the dealer.

OP - If the dealer jerks you around, don't be afraid to ask for the contact information for the regional Kubota factory rep. I wouldn't hesitate to get the factory involved in this.

A technique that I've used very successfully over the years if I'm getting jerked around is to just calmly say "I'd like you to write down your name and also your boss' name and phone number." In this case just substitute "your boss' name" with "the factory rep's name". Nobody likes it when you go over their head but sometimes that's necessary to get what's owed to you.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #45  
Anxious to hear what they tell you. Please update when you can.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #46  
As a comparison I ordered my L4600 with loader a few days before a big local farm show that my dealer puts a big spread out for. I expected a few hours on the machine and wasn't concerned as long as it was less than 10. They called and said it was ready for pickup, I showed up and they forgot to turn the tires out like I wanted. They apologized and said it would be ready tomorrow. I left my trailer in their lot and went home. Came back the next afternoon loaded it and drove it home. When it got off the trailer at the house it had 0.4 on the meter.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #47  
If it's new it shouldn't have more than an hour on it. My new JD had less than an hour on it. You got a used/demo machine and I wouldn't have even started it until that issue was resolved.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #48  
that tractor is considered tobe used with 31hrs on it.i bought a tractor with 10hrs on it that i consider demo/used,an if id looked at the hour meter id prolly got them to knock off some money as i consider it a used tractor.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #49  
OP, keep in mind that this is not should I pay full price for used equipment. This is about the dealer playing switch-a-roo and swapping a new machine for a used demo. I have seen used Kubotas where dealers honestly sell them, and that's with as little as 9hrs on the meter. Don't fall for it; it's a used machine no matter what they say.

They must now make up what they have done to you, and it should come at close to $1k in total compensation. They tried to screw you over, they must now pay for it.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new?
I called him first thing this morning. He said that we were mistaken and the price quoted was for an ex-demonstrator. I said that I didn't believe that this was the case. He said that that was why we had received the discount that we had. I asked him to confirm how much difference there would have been had we received a "new" one (which is what I believe we bargained for).

He said that he would look into this when he got back to the office (I believe that he had a call forward directly to his cell phone).

When he arrived at the office he called my wife directly (I had called him from work) to say that, to keep us happy, they would collect everything from us today and they would then swap the filled tires, the FEL and the rear remotes onto a new one that they had and return it to us on Thursday saying that they would then eat the additional amount they should have charged us for a brand new one.

I don't know if this is their admission that they were trying something on, or if they genuinely are prepared to eat the additional amount they should have charged us. In any event, I am happy with the result.

Here's hoping the new one on Thursday comes with an hour or two on the tach.

Many thanks for all of the advice.