Driveway maintenence - toothbar?

/ Driveway maintenence - toothbar? #31  
cherokee140- I dont want to burst your bubble, but you need that crown in the drive. Its the only thing to shed water off the drive or you will have water issues. I understand your wanted to rid of crown as the tire tracks gets deeper and deeper and crown higher and higher. What you need to do is redistribute the material on each side of crown - filling in the tire tracks and lowering the crown/moving outside gravel back inside. The BB and angle of 3 pt is what you need.

That is one reason the crown is so large....rain water runoff. My house is in the path of the runoff to a pond that is 2 neighbors away. Behind my house we have an area we call "the swamp" The rain water runs down one side of the driveway and really eats it out...down to the dirt in the spring is common. It was so bad that my son's Firebird would drag its exhaust if he did not drive on the crown.

I really need to do something about the area right behind the drive that comes out of the house...it is concrete then turns to gravel. All the dirt will pile up there and make a dam...not unlike the ice dams we saw so much this winter. It was not uncommon to see me out there in a rain storm dragging the mud with a rake trying to break the dam so the garage and basement would not flood.

It is just the lay of the land. Digging a drainage ditch on the east side of the house with the hose and gravel is on the list of chores for the new tractor....that I think will help out the driveway and keep the rain water off of it so much....it was really like a stream.