Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200hst

Default Bio-Ballast?

I finally took my L3200 in to the dealer the tires loaded & daym it really ups the traction. I can actually stall it in low now rather than just spinning.

I was chatting with the guys while filling & he mentions its not beet juice or calcium. I was expecting beet juice. Apparently its not sticky & doesn't require the pumps to get cleaned after filling. Price was a hair cheaper than RimGuard at the JD dealer.

http://www.envirotechservices.com/bio-ballast/ doesn't have too much info on the product. Anybody know what this is made out of? I'm happy with its performance so far, just curious.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Bio-Ballast?

Uses & Application
    Increase traction
    Increase pulling power
    Counterbalance for weight equalization
    That last one is wrong, I think. Filled tires ride with their weight on the ground, not the axle, and so provide no counterbalance.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200hst

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post

That last one is wrong, I think. Filled tires ride with their weight on the ground, not the axle, and so provide no counterbalance.
    Depends on the terminology. The weight in the rears will counter some of the force trying to tip forward at max loader capacity. It wont provide a lever hanging off the back pulling weight off the front axle. You still need proper rear ballast on the back to save your front axle.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post

Depends on the terminology. The weight in the rears will counter some of the force trying to tip forward at max loader capacity. It wont provide a lever hanging off the back pulling weight off the front axle. You still need proper rear ballast on the back to save your front axle.
    Right

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Seems like I heard this product mentioned a couple years ago, but it was only available in Canada at that time. Now they say they are located in Greely, Co. MSDS says that it is corrosive to some metals, hopefully steel and copper alloy (brass as in valve stem in the tractor tires) isn't one of them
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

I think it's soilent green. Good stuff, said to edible too.

Tractor
    John Deere 4440

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    Not really wrong. On my old tractor with empty rears when I picked or should I say tried to pick up a pallet of concrete with the FEL it lifted the rear tires off the ground. Filled the tires up and I can pick up the pallet and move it around now. Seems like a counterbalance to me.
    1980 John Deere 4440 with duals
    2006 John Deere 322 compact track loader

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post

Not really wrong. On my old tractor with empty rears when I picked or should I say tried to pick up a pallet of concrete with the FEL it lifted the rear tires off the ground. Filled the tires up and I can pick up the pallet and move it around now. Seems like a counterbalance to me.
    I think what he was saying is that weight behind the rear axle (on the 3pt) reduces the weight on the front axle as long as you can keep your rears on the ground. Weight in the tire just holds the tire and rear end down, it does not reduce the load on the front axle. Obviously if you don't have enough weight to keep your rears firmly on the ground, you are increasing the load on your front axle. ie if you load your rears and still teeter on the front axle, the entire tractor, the FEL load and the rear tire and fluids are on the front axle. Prior to loading the rears it would have been just the tractor, FEL load and empty rear tires.

3pt loads are particularly helpful if they are heavy and way back there, like a large heavy brush hog. Those "pivot the weight" around the rear axle and reduce the weight on the front axle.

Tractor
    8N Ford

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    I think it's soilent green. Good stuff, said to edible too.
    Lol

Fallon I got the same stuff in a new set of rears about a month ago works well so far.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Quote Originally Posted by 8N Ren View Post
    Lol

Fallon I got the same stuff in a new set of rears about a month ago works well so far.
    Where did you get it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast