3-Point Hitch Adding Attachments (how big is too big)

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big)
Read your Owners manual as that info will be in there.

If I wanted to read...I'd be...well on here :laughing:

According to the "book" I can handle an 84" box blade, landscape rake or rear blade. Next to the number 84 (doesn't tell me if that's inches - I get to assume that) there is (2,133) I am guessing that is lbs as it doesn't say either. I had put a call into Kioti (not the dealer) on Friday and never heard back from them.

Honestly, I think a 7' box blade on my SCUT would be asking a lot, but I think a 7' back blade or rake might be OK. Then again, I'm new at this and still :confused:

I do like to hear from real world operators though.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #12  
If I wanted to read...I'd be...well on here :laughing:

According to the "book" I can handle an 84" box blade, landscape rake or rear blade. Next to the number 84 (doesn't tell me if that's inches - I get to assume that) there is (2,133) I am guessing that is lbs as it doesn't say either. I had put a call into Kioti (not the dealer) on Friday and never heard back from them.

Honestly, I think a 7' box blade on my SCUT would be asking a lot, but I think a 7' back blade or rake might be OK. Then again, I'm new at this and still :confused:

I do like to hear from real world operators though.

That 2133 number is probably for mm/metric. I have a JD 4115. It came with a 7' back blade. I can tell you that under light duty use, it was ok, but in heavy grading in loose soil it was too wide. A 6' rear blade is no problem. It doesn't seem like one foot would make a difference, but there is always a cut off point that is reached between working well and too much.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #13  
Your tractor barely has enough 3pt capacity to even raise most 84" box blades, much less move dirt with one....no idea how they came up with that figure!

Generally speaking, you want something like a box blade, scrape blade, or landscape rake to be a bit wider than your rear tire width. With a scrape blade you usually get them a bit larger than that so that they still cover the rear tire tracks with the blade angled.

That 2133 number is probably for mm/metric. I have a JD 4115. It came with a 7' back blade. I can tell you that under light duty use, it was ok, but in heavy grading in loose soil it was too wide. A 6' rear blade is no problem. It doesn't seem like one foot would make a difference, but there is always a cut off point that is reached between working well and too much.

Your tractor barely has enough 3pt capacity to even raise most 84" box blades, much less move dirt with one....no idea how they came up with that figure!

Generally speaking, you want something like a box blade, scrape blade, or landscape rake to be a bit wider than your rear tire width. With a scrape blade you usually get them a bit larger than that so that they still cover the rear tire tracks with the blade angled.

And this is why I can't just go by Specs in a book. It probably has the capacity to lift those attachments, but actually working with them...that's where you guys come in.

My Lil Kioti is 46.46" wide at the rear tires so I think 6' would be more than wide enough. for a back blade and thinking 5' for a box as we have mostly clay around these parts.
Honestly, the box blade will only come into play if the association decides to hire me to maintain their private dirt road. Outside of that...I'd only be using a dethatcher, MMM, back blade and landscape rake to maintain my own dirt driveway and spread gravel every Spring. ****, I did that for years with my LB75B just using a bucket, but I want some attachments to play with.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #15  
If you have to work in clay with a box blade, I doubt you'll want or be able to use more than a 54" model, and 48" would be better still. It isn't a power thing, but rather a weight and traction issue. Clay can be very heavy to drag around or dig and drag.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #16  
According to the "book" I can handle an 84" box blade, landscape rake or rear blade. Next to the number 84 (doesn't tell me if that's inches - I get to assume that) there is (2,133) I am guessing that is lbs as it doesn't say either.
As somebody else suggested that 2133 is the dimension in millimeters. 2133mm = 84"

It's common practice in vehicle manuals now to put the dimensions as English (Metric).

As somebody else suggested that 2133 is the dimension in millimeters. 2133mm = 84"

It's common practice in vehicle manuals now to put the dimensions as English (Metric).

Yes, I believe someone else said that too, makes sense, but no where does it say what my weigh capacity is. I have a call into Kioti, but no reply yet.

That said...I think if I do go with a box blade, it will be much smaller that 7' and I'll stick to 6" landscape rakes and back blades.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #18  
Yes, I believe someone else said that too, makes sense, but no where does it say what my weigh capacity is. I have a call into Kioti, but no reply yet.

That said...I think if I do go with a box blade, it will be much smaller that 7' and I'll stick to 6" landscape rakes and back blades.
That was me who said that about the mm. Your weight lift capacity is shown on their website. This was lifted directly from the specs. Click on this link, then click on the specifications, then scroll down to the three point hitch-

3-Point Hitch

"Standard Category (Optional Category)Cat. 1
Lift Capacity, 24" aft of hitch, lb(kg)700 lbs. (318 kg)
Control TypePosition
- See more at: CS2410 Sub Compact Tractor | Kioti Tractors"

That was me who said that about the mm. Your weight lift capacity is shown on their website. This was lifted directly from the specs. Click on this link, then click on the specifications, then scroll down to the three point hitch-

3-Point Hitch

"Standard Category (Optional Category)Cat. 1
Lift Capacity, 24" aft of hitch, lb(kg)700 lbs. (318 kg)
Control TypePosition
- See more at: CS2410 Sub Compact Tractor | Kioti Tractors"

One week waiting for them, 1 hour reading the books...1 minute here :D

:thumbsup:

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #20  
One week waiting for them, 1 hour reading the books...1 minute here :D

:thumbsup:

LOL
It is kinda sad when guys on the forums know more than the manu's or dealers, but it is all too common anymore.