3-Point Hitch Adding Attachments (how big is too big)

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big)
LOL
It is kinda sad when guys on the forums know more than the manu's or dealers, but it is all too common anymore.

To be honest, I don't expect a dealer to really know about a lot of technical details. While my dealer has been around forever, and the mechanics probably have every large farm tractors nut and bolt torq spec memorized, these SCUT's are new to them and they really don't know much more that was told to them.

You guys that have bee on the equipment working it, researching it...that's where the real info comes from.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #22  
Business 101- know your product! I won't make any excuse for a dealer not knowing the basic specs of the products they sell. Now how well a certain model will do with whatever implement is a little different I agree, but the basics............ know them or lose business.;)

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #23  
[/QUOTE] According to the "book" I can handle an 84" box blade, landscape rake or rear blade. Next to the number 84 (doesn't tell me if that's inches - I get to assume that) there is (2,133) I am guessing that is lbs as it doesn't say either. I had put a call into Kioti (not the dealer) on Friday and never heard back from them.

Honestly, I think a 7' box blade on my SCUT would be asking a lot, but I think a 7' back blade or rake might be OK. Then again, I'm new at this and still :confused:

I do like to hear from real world operators though.[/QUOTE]

looking at my ck35 specs the book says I can handle "1829(72) and below" on a box blade and "use the lowest top hole only " that's on a 35 hp tractor how much would an 84" box blade weigh? My lift capacity 24" aft of hitch 1764lbs not sure your book is correct ck25 says 60" box

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #24  
looking at my ck35 specs the book says I can handle "1829(72) and below" on a box blade and "use the lowest top hole only " that's on a 35 hp tractor how much would an 84" box blade weigh? My lift capacity 24" aft of hitch 1764lbs not sure your book is correct ck25 says 60" box

Box blades come in super light duty only good for moving dust bunnies to super heavy duty that can pull up 12" thick highway cement. An 84" box can be 400 pounds or close to 3000 pounds.

The price on them goes up even more rapidly than the weight too!

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big)
I think, for what I want to do; spread gravel and occasionally level new topsoil, the 6' Landscape Rake with wheels will be fine and I'm still wrestling with a 6' Back Blade, but I think I will skip the box blade and go with a land plane instead. The land plane will be used for freshening up the compacted gravel and dirt section (where these is no gravel) of the private road. That road has some ledge here and there which I think the land plane will be better at jumping over it opposed to a box blade pulling a load of dirt/gravel.

The tractor only weight 1,485lbs and it says the Cat 1 lift cap is 700lbs.
What I have been seeing now is that some of the companies state the HP required for the attachment and that's been very helpful because while I have a Cat 1 3 Point Hitch, its only a 24hp tractor and it seems that I am just barely into the Cat 1 attachment HP requirements.

Being new to 3 Point hitches, I assumed Cat 1 was matched to the tractor, but now I see it can be way off and I'm better off looking at weight and hp.
So if its a powerful attachment such as a Box Blade, I better go real small and if its light work, such as dethatching, raking or aerating, I can go a bit bigger.

Next thing I need to do is figure out how I add the proper counter weight for the loader.

My 3 pt hitch has a max cap of 700lbs...counter weight for the loader is 1,055. I don't want to load the tires because I will mostly be using this to mow with and its get s a little wet Spring and Fall so I'd like to keep the tractor as light as possible. Perhaps a combo of removable wheel and suitcase weights?

Any thoughts on that?

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #26  
remember, that 700 lbs is 24" aft of the lower draft arm end balls. A ballast box will mount and carry the weight right up near the end of the draft arms to no more than 14"-16" back at the rear of the ballast box. You will be able to carry more than 700 lbs safely. Add a dual set (per side) of 50 lb cast weights like JD sells to each wheel, and you'll be all set.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #27  
Yes, I believe someone else said that too, makes sense, but no where does it say what my weigh capacity is. I have a call into Kioti, but no reply yet.

That said...I think if I do go with a box blade, it will be much smaller that 7' and I'll stick to 6" landscape rakes and back blades.

Um.. you could no more pull a 7 foot box blade with a CS2410 than fly. You need to be looking at 4 foot and 54 inch box blades. and maybe 5 foot at the outside top end, depending on what you were trying to do with it. I have no idea why you manual mentions an 84 inch box blade. I would have trouble pulling that with my tractor in some conditions. and my tractor weight 3000 lbs more and is over twice the size of your tractor. You need to be looking at between 4 and 5 foot implements in all cases.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #28  
My 3 pt hitch has a max cap of 700lbs...counter weight for the loader is 1,055.

In no way possible is the counter weight for the loader for your tractor 1055 lbs.. NO WAY!. You cannot lift that much weight. That is the counterweight for the loader for MY tractor, that is over twice the size of your tractor.. Your manual has a lot of erroneous info in it. You would probably need about a 400 lb counterweight. HOLY COW.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #29  
WaterDawd, are we correct in assuming you have a Kioti CS2410 tractor? if so guys we are looking at a machine the size of a Kubota BX. With a loader lift capability of 675 lbs. with a 48 inch bucket with a rear 3pt lift of 700 lbs. total weight of tractor is 1485 lbs. Why in the world are we talking about 6 and 7 foot implements on this size of tractor for? Maybe and I mean just maybe a light duty rake at 6 foot would work. Depending on what he would be raking.. But a 6 foot rear blade? are you kidding me? no way he could pull a full snow load with a 6 foot rear blade, or let alone a dirt load, What are you guys thinking? He should be looking at 4 foot to 5 foot implements. with a box blade either 4 foot or 54 inches max.

/ Adding Attachments (how big is too big) #30  
WaterDawd, are we correct in assuming you have a Kioti CS2410 tractor? if so guys we are looking at a machine the size of a Kubota BX. With a loader lift capability of 675 lbs. with a 48 inch bucket with a rear 3pt lift of 700 lbs. total weight of tractor is 1485 lbs. Why in the world are we talking about 6 and 7 foot implements on this size of tractor for? Maybe and I mean just maybe a light duty rake at 6 foot would work. Depending on what he would be raking.. But a 6 foot rear blade? are you kidding me? no way he could pull a full snow load with a 6 foot rear blade, or let alone a dirt load, What are you guys thinking? He should be looking at 4 foot to 5 foot implements. with a box blade either 4 foot or 54 inches max.
What I am thinking/posting comes from first hand experience. I had a JD 4110. Only about 100+ lbs heavier. Larger tires, yes, but less HP. I bought it brand new along with a 72" Frontier rear blade. I could easily pull a it loaded to over flowing the moldboard with topsoil, sand, whatever, and do it in loose soil. I did it lots of times. R4 tires, no wheel weights or fluid in the tires either.

I for one, have also said that a 48' or 54" box blade would be all I'd try with the OP's tractor. A 72" landscape rake? Should be a piece of cake under most conditions. I wouldn't go larger though for several reasons.

I don't have the OP's manual, so I am offering my opinion based on what he says his shows. I agree that it appears to be full of mistakes. Maybe that is due to errors in translation?

Last edited: