Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer?

/ Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer? #1  

gr82balive

Tractor
white 40a Massey 30b
I just bought it but can't seem to find any info on internet. Any help appreciated. Thanks

/ Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer? #2  
I bought a 60 White Field Boss at auction. This a Fiat model. You may have a similar piece.

/ Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer?
I bought a 60 White Field Boss at auction. This a Fiat model. You may have a similar piece.

This one has a Wisconsin V4 gas engine...still checking for any tags besides the one that says "Model 40 A" Thanks for reply

This one has a Wisconsin V4 gas engine...still checking for any tags besides the one that says "Model 40 A" Thanks for reply

Ok has a tag stating model 40A. Any further help, please

/ Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer? #5  
I would check Erickson. They were manufactured in Mpls and sold re-badged machines to Ford, Gehl, Intl, and maybe others. The Ford was a FL-40, I believe. I never heard of White marketing a skid loader, but they may have tested the market with a few.

I would check Erickson. They were manufactured in Mpls and sold re-badged machines to Ford, Gehl, Intl, and maybe others. The Ford was a FL-40, I believe. I never heard of White marketing a skid loader, but they may have tested the market with a few.

Thanks, checked it out. Then I found this, it's very similar to mine but newer.
Image - White 4-30L skid-steer - 1974.jpg - Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki - The classic vehicle and machinery wiki
Did you by chance mean Ford CL-40? On a side note I need to find a manifold for the Wisconsin VH4D, it has a hole on the bottom side exhaust and also found a broken axle shaft.

/ Anyone familiar with White older model 40a skid steer? #7  
Sorry, yes I meant CL-40. VH4D Wisconsins were used in many different machines. Probably the most popular use was in the Melroe M610 Bobcat skid loader. The post you referenced indicates that the White skid loader is indeed an Erickson.

Sorry, yes I meant CL-40. VH4D Wisconsins were used in many different machines. Probably the most popular use was in the Melroe M610 Bobcat skid loader. The post you referenced indicates that the White skid loader is indeed an Erickson.

So we can assume this skid steer was made by Erickson, anyone know how to find the correct axle shaft since I found that it's different than the Cl-40 and it 's an earlier model, say in the 60,s, and I have no part number. By the way, this machine is dark orange or light red in color, factory paint still on it. I did find a manifold though. Thanks for helping.

So we can assume this skid steer was made by Erickson, anyone know how to find the correct axle shaft since I found that it's different than the Cl-40 and it 's an earlier model, say in the 60,s, and I have no part number. By the way, this machine is dark orange or light red in color, factory paint still on it. I did find a manifold though. Thanks for helping.

Since I can't seem to find an axle, anyone here know where I can get this one welded? The inboard end is snapped off. I'm thinking it could be ground down like this (center tapered to allow filling with weld) |||||><|||||| chucked in a lathe and welded back up. Any thoughts?

Well finally just had an axle made for this. Also got a hold of the original paperwork and found this is a Beaver Model B-300 Made by "The Warner and Swasey Company" in Lansing Michigan, just for anyone who would like to know. If you have any help full information please share