Chains Wrong Chains?

/ Wrong Chains? #21  
As follow-up the useful help above our local Kubota dealer (not Deere) says the following about chains on the 110TLBs front tires:

"Chains on front tires are not recommended due to clearance with the steering components and chains wont allow the front tires to slip in 4wd (causes too much traction when turning)."

We live on an icy hill, so this advice doesn't make much sense to us - what do you think? We are planning to put tires on our 4WD 110TLB - are we O.K.?

Thanks

I use vbar chains on the front of my New Holland. How you drive makes a big difference on the stress created. Gentle turns, use 4x4 only when you have to, stop if you see the front wheels spinning. You probably have enough traction with just the rear chains in 2wd. The front chains help the front wheels get enough grip to follow the steering wheel, even in 2wd.

/ Wrong Chains? #22  
I use vbar chains on the front of my New Holland. How you drive makes a big difference on the stress created. Gentle turns, use 4x4 only when you have to, stop if you see the front wheels spinning. You probably have enough traction with just the rear chains in 2wd. The front chains help the front wheels get enough grip to follow the steering wheel, even in 2wd.

x2 if you are going to be pushing and turning on the ice, your not going to have much choice but to chain up the fronts. I would say try the backs and see how you like it, then get the fronts if you need them. I run two tractors with chains. L3400 with just front 2 link v-bars and its great on the ice. The JD I run all 4 tires chained up. V-bar duo's on the front, and the continuous loop chain with the ice studs on the rears (name is escaping me at the moment). No problems on either machine!

/ Wrong Chains? #23  
If you are gonna chain, chain the rears first. I would not recommend chaining the fronts without chains of the rears. The front drive assembly is designed to assist, not do the primary work. Just count up the moving parts difference between rear and front.

/ Wrong Chains? #24  
I would double check with your Deere dealer rather than the Kubota dealer, tractors are different. I have a TYM and run chains on the front with the dealers recommendation due to my hills and icy roads. I noticed GRS had them on the front of his Kioti in his picture. This will be a question that will generate a lot of opinions.

my dealer and a call to kioti office...both confirmed that front chains are no problem, as long as there the same style as rear. cant use studded chains up front and not in back..etc.

ive run them for 3 seasons. work AWESOME