Dumb question about new holland 3930 battery hookup

/ Dumb question about new holland 3930 battery hookup #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
I had to get a new battery for my 3930. Went to hook it up and I am not 100% sure I am doing it right. One cable has the battery terminal and another smaller cable bolted to it. The other cable has the battery terminal only. Is the cable that has the smaller terminal bolted to it the positive? I think this is right but I am unsure because if I place the battery In the box in order for the cables to fit like this the label on the top of the battery faces inward instead of outward. Also, the vent hole faces inward.

I always thought there would be a red cable for the positive, but both are black. Please help someone who is too dumb to check this before I took the old battery out.

Thanks.

/ Dumb question about new holland 3930 battery hookup #2  
Follow the single cable--If it is bolted to the block it is the negative cable.

/ Dumb question about new holland 3930 battery hookup #3  
One cable should bolt to the frame or engine block as mentioned (this is the negative cable). The other should go to the starter (this is the plus side of the battery).

/ Dumb question about new holland 3930 battery hookup
One cable should bolt to the frame or engine block as mentioned (this is the negative cable). The other should go to the starter (this is the plus side of the battery).

Thanks guys