Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: WINTER - I thought it was over ?!

Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    TSO and you other guys in S E Michigan sure got hit a lot worse than we did. I'm about 10 miles south of Dayton (it takes me about 3 hours, 15 minutes to get from home to Ypsi) and we just got a light coating of snow but the roads this morning are reported with a lot of black ice on them. Of course, it's going to be in the mid-50s again tomorrow.

I'm just ready for it to stay warm for a while. This winter has been tough.
    We got 7" here in Medina but the worst was the drifts.
    Murph ------------

Veteran Member

We got about 1" of rain, which has now frozen and it is snowing like crazy here now. The winds are blowing so hard that the snow is just blowing over the ice and doesn't seem to be accumulating. Who knows what it will look like in a few hours when it is supposed to be over.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 kubota Grand L3540

I can't believe the east coast this year, you people have really been getting the weather. We haven't had much for storms but it has just been extremely cold, now residents here have had frozen water pipes as the frost is down more than normal. Don't know which is worst, cold or the snow.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Personally, I would rather have the snow. It has to warm up to snow. (You won't see -40F and snow.) We up here need about 2 weeks of -40F every winter to kill off the black flies, then it can warm up and snow like crazy.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs

Quote Originally Posted by coldfingers View Post
    I can't believe the east coast this year, you people have really been getting the weather. We haven't had much for storms but it has just been extremely cold, now residents here have had frozen water pipes as the frost is down more than normal. Don't know which is worst, cold or the snow.
    I'll take the snow any day of the week. We've had an unusually cold winter here in northern New England too, but nothing like what you midwesterners have had.

16" of powder from this storm, didn't get any rain this far north. Of course, this morning the %^Ω€$# battery in the tractor went feet up. Luckily I had an old one sitting in the garage...couple hours on the charger and good to go. Time for a new one though...given what a PITA it is to get at the battery in the Kioti, I don't really want to go thru it again in single-digit temperatures anytime soon.
    There are only 2 rules in life:
    1. Don't tell everyone everything you know.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

In northern NY(Canadian border) we ended up with 10-12 inches of snow with three ft.drifts in spots.Three hours on the tractor this morning doing drive ways.

Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Well, TSO - if'n yer gonna live on the EAST side of the lake, then....................

Now, us western side lake types, we like it dry & super cold. Or maybe not so much.
    DeereMann
    John Deere 1026R
    John Deere 445 (sold)
    John Deere 318 (sold)
    John Deere STX38 (sold)

Stihl 018, 026, MS460

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 HST/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Lol, no you're right, no hydraulics on that blade yet. That's on my to do list, just haven't got around to it yet. Most of the time its not a big deal, only rarely do I need to change the angle.
    What brand is that rear blade and how does it do? I'm gonna be getting one in about a month and haven't decided on any particular one. I do like the looks of yours and 84" is what i'm looking for.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by crreed67 View Post

What brand is that rear blade and how does it do? I'm gonna be getting one in about a month and haven't decided on any particular one. I do like the looks of yours and 84" is what i'm looking for.
    It's a Servis blade, who became Rhino. It's a couple decades old I'd guess. Heavy. Works great tho. But it's an 8 footer, not 84".
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8' Rhino HD Back Blade * 84" Rhino Box Blade
    84" LandPride Rake * 78" KK HD Box Discs * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4

233 hrs @ 7/28/14

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 HST/Cab

Oh yeah, my bad. I read wrong. Your box blade is 84". Very nice set up you got. I wish I could have afforded the 1648 but my fund were limited.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345