WINTER - I thought it was over ?!

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #41  
TSO and you other guys in S E Michigan sure got hit a lot worse than we did. I'm about 10 miles south of Dayton (it takes me about 3 hours, 15 minutes to get from home to Ypsi) and we just got a light coating of snow but the roads this morning are reported with a lot of black ice on them. Of course, it's going to be in the mid-50s again tomorrow.

I'm just ready for it to stay warm for a while. This winter has been tough.

We got 7" here in Medina but the worst was the drifts.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #42  
We got about 1" of rain, which has now frozen and it is snowing like crazy here now. The winds are blowing so hard that the snow is just blowing over the ice and doesn't seem to be accumulating. Who knows what it will look like in a few hours when it is supposed to be over.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #43  
I can't believe the east coast this year, you people have really been getting the weather. We haven't had much for storms but it has just been extremely cold, now residents here have had frozen water pipes as the frost is down more than normal. Don't know which is worst, cold or the snow.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #44  
Personally, I would rather have the snow. It has to warm up to snow. (You won't see -40F and snow.) We up here need about 2 weeks of -40F every winter to kill off the black flies, then it can warm up and snow like crazy.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #45  
I can't believe the east coast this year, you people have really been getting the weather. We haven't had much for storms but it has just been extremely cold, now residents here have had frozen water pipes as the frost is down more than normal. Don't know which is worst, cold or the snow.

I'll take the snow any day of the week. We've had an unusually cold winter here in northern New England too, but nothing like what you midwesterners have had.

16" of powder from this storm, didn't get any rain this far north. Of course, this morning the %^Ω€¶$# battery in the tractor went feet up. Luckily I had an old one sitting in the garage...couple hours on the charger and good to go. Time for a new one though...given what a PITA it is to get at the battery in the Kioti, I don't really want to go thru it again in single-digit temperatures anytime soon.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #46  
In northern NY(Canadian border) we ended up with 10-12 inches of snow with three ft.drifts in spots.Three hours on the tractor this morning doing drive ways.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #47  
Well, TSO - if'n yer gonna live on the EAST side of the lake, then....................:snowman:

Now, us western side lake types, we like it dry & super cold. Or maybe not so much.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #48  
Lol, no you're right, no hydraulics on that blade yet. That's on my to do list, just haven't got around to it yet. Most of the time its not a big deal, only rarely do I need to change the angle.

What brand is that rear blade and how does it do? I'm gonna be getting one in about a month and haven't decided on any particular one. I do like the looks of yours and 84" is what i'm looking for.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?!
What brand is that rear blade and how does it do? I'm gonna be getting one in about a month and haven't decided on any particular one. I do like the looks of yours and 84" is what i'm looking for.

It's a Servis blade, who became Rhino. It's a couple decades old I'd guess. Heavy. Works great tho. But it's an 8 footer, not 84".

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #50  
Oh yeah, my bad. I read wrong. Your box blade is 84". Very nice set up you got. I wish I could have afforded the 1648 but my fund were limited.