WINTER - I thought it was over ?!

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Was 44 degrees yesterday, and 54 the day before that ... woke up this morning to more snow, and I mean MORE snow! I'd say we got another 8-10" and there were places in my driveway and my sub that had 24" drifts. Spent about 1.5 hrs handling the sub, my drive, several other drives, etc.... and boy am I glad I upgraded to a cab this winter! 30mph winds out there, heat & a windshield are a guys best friend right about now :cool:

But, when is this dang winter gonna be over? :confused2:

3-12-14 TIM 016.jpg

3-12-14 TIM 018.jpg

3-12-14 TIM 019.jpg

3-12-14 TIM 020.jpg

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #2  
Don't feel alone TSO,for old man winter paying us vist at this time..8-12 inch than winds/drifting w/flash freeze to follow.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #3  
We got about 4", I think, hard to tell with all the wind. Going out in a few minutes to blow out the drive. Hope I can get to the shop (where my plow truck is), been cars getting stuck in front of it all day.

I delivered a cabbed Kioti 35 hp tractor that a friend sold to a neighbor yesterday, I'll bet the seller is pizzed as he doesn't have the cab for his NH yet.

TSO, Nice tractor!

Ed

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #4  
Dunno how it normally is in Michigan, but here in northern N.H. March is winter, no matter what the calendar says. We often get some of biggest snowstorms in March. Forecast is for 18-24" here...looks like I'll be getting in some seat time next couple days!! :thumbsup:

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #5  
April would be a good guess. Love the pictures of your tractor in the snow by the way, thanks for sharing

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #6  
I'm gonna shoot me some Ground Hogs

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #7  
Was 44 degrees yesterday, and 54 the day before that ... woke up this morning to more snow, and I mean MORE snow! I'd say we got another 8-10" and there were places in my driveway and my sub that had 24" drifts. Spent about 1.5 hrs handling the sub, my drive, several other drives, etc.... and boy am I glad I upgraded to a cab this winter! 30mph winds out there, heat & a windshield are a guys best friend right about now :cool:

But, when is this dang winter gonna be over? :confused2:

View attachment 364940

View attachment 364941

View attachment 364942

View attachment 364943

Hey, at least you have nice equipment to deal with it! Pretty too!:thumbsup:

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #8  
Winter's not over yet here either. Was almost 50 degrees yesterday. Just warm enough to thaw the ground so the loader bucket digs into the gravel and grass if its not set just right.

Was raining when I left for work at 5AM, turned to snow about 8AM. Got home from work about 3PM to find 12" -14" in the driveway, still snowing and another possible 6-8" coming tonight. So I got some seat time in the nice warm cab.

While plowing my drive a neighbor who has a Massey Ferguson sub compact w/ loader came over told me the snow was too much for his tractor. He got it stuck behind his house. (Definitely operator error. He is just not very good using it. He's busted off his flasher lights twice so far and has dented fenders etc.) He asked if I could plow his drive so his wife could get in the driveway. I told him I would and asked when he wanted to get his tractor unstuck. He said he'd wait till Friday or the weekend if I could come over then. So, I plowed him out. While doing so one of his low hanging pine tree branches caught my radio antenna and snapped it. I hate it when you try to do a good deed only to have something get damaged on my new tractor. It didn't bust the wire and the radio still works so I think I can slide some heat shrink tubing over it to repair it. It looks like the antenna is basically a copper piece of wire that is wound around a fiberglass stick then dipped in a rubberized coating.

Then I went up the road and plowed out another neighbors driveway.
More plowing to do tomorrow.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #9  
We are having a good pouring rain right now...

A foot of snow expected tonight, and more tomorrow

Temps falling from high 30's today to about zero tomorrow some time.

And then....

45 on Saturday.

With the drives and roads all mudded up, I'm leaving most of the snow were it falls and wait till Saturday ;-) (Just open enough to get the cars out)

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?!
James, Am I making you want to trade up to a cab any more than usual? :D

-------
I know what guys man about the soft ground ... my blade kept digging into the road (gravel) which definitely made it more difficult than usual.

I wish I had about 10 more HP ... I like to plow in High (throws the snow better) but there were times today when I was running short on power.