Loader Color coding hoses to connectors

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #1  

davrow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27HST
My backhoe finally arrived at the dealer, but it still needs to be installed. So I don't have my tractor yet.

But I went in to pick up my manuals and 'visit' my tractor, and was pleased to see they color code the loader hoses using colored zip ties to match (kinda) the connector caps!

hoses_small.jpg

Is this standard procedure? I'd never noticed it done before.

Oh, and 'cause we all love pics - the backhoe still in plastic waiting to be installed:

backhoe_small.jpg

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #2  
Those coloured caps have a tendency to go walkabout. Consider a centre punch and leaving some permanent dots.:D

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #3  
Both of my tractors have color coded caps. When they finally give up, I'll add colored Zip Ties.

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #5  
you can get colored replacements pretty easily at hydraulic shops or on ebay

all the tractors ive ever had have used them.

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #6  
I did a similar thing to mine. All the hose caps were black, but I put a different color of tie wrap on each paired end of the 4 hoses. The end result is life is good lol.

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #7  
My loader valve came with colored rings on the hose ends to match the colored caps and I looked a little bit for more then I got some zip ties and they work great! It helps you "remember" witch hose goes with witch coupler!

/ Color coding hoses to connectors #8  
Don't overlook chicken banding rings.

/ Color coding hoses to connectors
Don't overlook chicken banding rings.
Never even knew those existed. Quick trip (via Google) to eBay and there's all kinds of them - sizes, colors, styles. Thanks!

Just a sample:
legbands.jpg