brand new tractor ...need help

/ brand new tractor ...need help #12  
naaa, i think the tractor appreciates staying indoors all winter.....and doesnt want to work anymore.

its cold out there

/ brand new tractor ...need help #13  
Did you get her to start up ok?

/ brand new tractor ...need help #14  
How'd you make out yukonhunter?

/ brand new tractor ...need help
I'm going to my cabin in the morning ...I bought a jump charger...called the dealer...he told me to take it out and if its bad that they will replace it....do you think it is a bad battery dying after only two months of sitting???

/ brand new tractor ...need help #16  
I remember reading/hearing somewhere that a fully charged battery is only at 50% at zero degrees. It is very possible that it died after a few months. Most SCUTs don't have an alternator so the battery takes a bit to be fully charged using the dyno.

/ brand new tractor ...need help #17  
Most SCUTs don't have an alternator so the battery takes a bit to be fully charged using the dyno.

According to parts catalog a JD 4520 has an alternator. Can you name some SCUT's with a dynamo? I thought all late model tractors had an alternator but so much for old folks thinking.

/ brand new tractor ...need help #18  
sounds like you need to charge your battery real good.an then if your going to let it set for long periods of time crank it once or twice a week.or put a trickle charger on it every so often.

/ brand new tractor ...need help #19  
According to parts catalog a JD 4520 has an alternator. Can you name some SCUT's with a dynamo? I thought all late model tractors had an alternator but so much for old folks thinking.

Kubota B series ... my buddies B2920 had one.

/ brand new tractor ...need help #20  
I'm going to my cabin in the morning ...I bought a jump charger...called the dealer...he told me to take it out and if its bad that they will replace it....do you think it is a bad battery dying after only two months of sitting???

Unless you left something on, the battery shouldn't have gone dead in 2 months, even in cold weather, I parked my old f600 for a year and a half, the battery was 3 years old when parked, it started on its own with no jump, I did have to dribble a little gas down the carb.

Take the dealer up on his offer, return the battery for a free replacement.

I use these on my Tractor, Boat, and riding mower. I bought the three pack 3 years ago, they work great, they keep the battery fully charged without overcharging,

1 pack http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0123-Junior-Charger/dp/B000CITK8S/ref=sr_1_1/191-4492021-5054432?ie=UTF8&qid=1395525841&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+tenders

3 pack Amazon.com: 3 PACK Battery Tender Junior Jr. 12V Battery Trickle Charger 12 Volt: Home Improvement