Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales?

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #1  

JessiB

Tractor
Kubota B5200
Just wondering if anyone has experience with moving round bales
with a spear on the 3pt. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #2  
I have no personal experience, but from what I have read the 3PH is rated at 1000#. Unless you have pretty small round bales I wouldn't think you could move them safely, or at all.

Welcome to the forum, and hopefully someone that owns the same machine will write in.

Best, Bill

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #3  
I think moving rd bales would be determined by the weight of the rd bale but I think it would be ""iffy"" at best.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 110
   / Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales?
I was thinking if would be iffy also. Our round bales
are around 900 pounds. I just need to move them about 200 feet to the barn. Would weighs help?

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #5  
Can you roll them?

That's what I do now but I'm 5 foot, 110 pounds so it can be a little difficult at times.

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #7  
That's what I do now but I'm 5 foot, 110 pounds so it can be a little difficult at times.

Well I was thinking use the tractor to push them along. Or you could build a stone boat and drag them with the tractor.

That is an option as long as I don't have to roll them myself :)

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #9  
Size the round bales for your tractor and go for it. A 4 foot by 4 foot round bale should be less than 750 lbs. Might need weight on the front to help steer it.

/ Will a Kubota B5200 handle round bales? #10  
Get an old car hood, drills some holes for cables to hook to the tractor. Use the tractor to roll the bales onto the car hood. Hook the tractor to the cables and pull the bales to where you want and roll bales off with the tractor. Or build a sled out of plywood and some 2x4's.