2014 Hustler Raptor

/ 2014 Hustler Raptor #1  

mrhcolorado

Tractor
Hustler Raptor 42
Well our ancient (1987) John Deere 165 finally died its final death. We'd bumped around on that mower for close to 11 years over hilly uneven prairie type conditions.

So we went to our local power equipment dealer and almost bought a Husqvarna 48" cut tractor. While at the dealer we described our cut conditions and land and the owner said, well I'll sell you the Husqvarna but I'll see you back here probably for repairs. We don't have much history on that mower.

My wife asked about the engine and it was a Briggs & Stratton. I've owned them before but this InTek was a new model and both she and I were concerned about issues and what we've read with people throwing belts, engine problems etc.

So we finally said, ok lets spend a little more and get the hustler. I've driven bobcats and other "zero turn" type devices but never a ZT lawn mower.

It was delivered at 9:00am and while our lawn is dormant still we have some weeds and stuff to clean up and it was good practice. So I set out cutting and practicing and I am blown away! The mower is a dream to operate in our rough uneven yard! We have so many twists, turns, hills, strange angles and this ZT mower makes it simple.

Still have a lot to learn and I cannot speak yet to the reliability but I have confidence in the engine, the mower looks well built and from my first 3 hours in the seat I would NEVER go back to a standard lawn tractor again.

I hate to say this but at 57 years old I feel like a kid. I can't wait for the lawn to grow so I have to go cut it!

So far my only complaint about the Hustler is it is Yellow. Not a bad color but kind of like a big bee zipping around in the yard!

/ 2014 Hustler Raptor #2  
:welcome:
Welcome from Texas
Congratulation on the new ZTR. I am also a new owner of a ZTR and love it. Enjoy it.

/ 2014 Hustler Raptor #3  
Congrats! I have a Hustler Z diesel and I'm very happy with it too.

/ 2014 Hustler Raptor #4  
I bought a 44" Hustler Fastrack for my wife back in '05. I never used it but she liked to get out of the house so she mowed the yard around the house.....her choice and I had to take the flak from the neighbors about "me being lazy" Ha! She passed on and I decided to use it. It has the 18 hp Honda but I do have a BS 22 hp Intek on another ZT of another brand and both engines have been trouble free.

I not only use it for cutting my yard too but with the open front area I use it as an around the farm "mini" truck. I hook a small, lightweight trailer to the thing for larger "small" hauling jobs and it's really handy. I like the easy on/off for me to mount and dismount which the short 44" deck makes easier. I am impressed with the power not only in the engine but the hydraulic drives as well. If I ever wear it out, and that's doubtful, I'll buy another. Doubt I will buy another conventional drive mower.

Mark