Learn Something New Daily

/ Learn Something New Daily #1  

Texasmark

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford: '88 3910 Series II, '65 3000; '07 6530C Branson with FEL, 2020 LS MT225S. All Diesels
Been on this farm since '79 using 3 point implements; never had a hydraulic cylinder for the 3rd member. In switching implements just did the manual adjustment thing and away I went, tweaking when necessary. A short while back I ran across an article on the subject and one guy said "he never uses anything else". Hmmmmmmm!

So I get out a 3x8 and rig her up. In short, if you don't currently, or never tried it, have different implements that need just a little tweak after you get going, and such, try it. You may "never use anything else". I won't.

Mark

/ Learn Something New Daily #2  
Texasmark,
When you can get around to adding the hydraulic side link for tilt and a quick hitch you won't look at changing implements the same way again. All of my implements are quick hitch and most can be swapped without leaving the tractor seat with the exception of my Gannon box blade. Top and tilt hydraulics are very handy and I would not wan't to be without it.

/ Learn Something New Daily
Texasmark,
When you can get around to adding the hydraulic side link for tilt and a quick hitch you won't look at changing implements the same way again. All of my implements are quick hitch and most can be swapped without leaving the tractor seat with the exception of my Gannon box blade. Top and tilt hydraulics are very handy and I would not wan't to be without it.

My Branson has movable/extendable ends on the lift arms, locking pins and rigid arms to control the horizontal positioning, and there is a lift control lever for the 3 pt. at the rear of the tractor adjacent to the lift arm. They make it real simple to do the hookup especially now with the movable upper link the control for which I can reach from the rear. But I do have to dismount. I have heard about the QH but never saw one nor one operated.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Mark