Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    L2800 & a 1970 4020 D

Default used kubota L2800

Our new to me used kubota L2800 arrived late Fri afternoon. Never been around kubotas before. I'am impressed. tractor looks to be in real good shape for an 06 with a little over 1300 HRS. Everything seems to be tight. Loader & 3pth works smooth. Only problem it seems the high & low stick needs to be played with to get it to start sometimes. Is there a safety switch some where I can check?

cj7
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

Default Re: used kubota L2800

I have a L2500 and it has the same safety switch. You must have the high / low placed in neutral to crank the engine. I know of no adjustments for the switch.

Tractor
    L2800 & a 1970 4020 D

Thanks for the reply. What dose switch look like & could it be the switch under seat or is that not a switch? Is there a switch one the clutch? I don't have a op manual yet. thanks. Warren

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC

I think the pto has a switch also, it won't start if it's engaged.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500, Oliver Super55

I have an L2500 as well and I have the same issue finding that sweet spot on the transfer case to get it into neutral to get it to start.

To remedy this it is actually really simple. When in neutral it presses a plunger which is the safety switch. All I do now is just keep it in gear depress the clutch and push in the safety switch with my hand while in the seat. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

Set the parking brake and then visually move the transfer selector into the H-L and N pos. The N position depresses a small metal bar. Thats the linkage to the safety switch at least on the L2500 gear transmission anyways. This will give you quick idea of what to look for when from the seat.

My tractor is a '96 so I can't assure that the linkage or the safety switch has changed or is different but it is something worth looking at.

Tractor
    Ford 1700 4x4 w/ FEL

Quote Originally Posted by super55 View Post
    I have an L2500 as well and I have the same issue finding that sweet spot on the transfer case to get it into neutral to get it to start.

To remedy this it is actually really simple. When in neutral it presses a plunger which is the safety switch. All I do now is just keep it in gear depress the clutch and push in the safety switch with my hand while in the seat. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

Set the parking brake and then visually move the transfer selector into the H-L and N pos. The N position depresses a small metal bar. Thats the linkage to the safety switch at least on the L2500 gear transmission anyways. This will give you quick idea of what to look for when from the seat.

My tractor is a '96 so I can't assure that the linkage or the safety switch has changed or is different but it is something worth looking at.

I have no info on the OP's problem, but want to say that is a very well done answer. One of the reasons this site is so valuable.

cj7
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

This may help you also. kubota has a parts catalog. Look up your model.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts List

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Here is the engine operation pages from my L2800 manual. Maybe this will help.

kubota Op Manual - P29-32.pdf Views: 20 Size: 817.9 KB">Kubota Op Manual - P29-32.pdf
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, Home built pine needle rake.

Tractor
    L2800 & a 1970 4020 D

Thanks. I will mess with tractor when it warms up a little. Cloudy & rain no fun!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC

Quote Originally Posted by little k View Post
    Thanks. I will mess with tractor when it warms up a little. Cloudy & rain no fun!!
    Oh ya, try 35k winds, and minus 20 Celsius, and 3 feet of snow.
    Wanna trade, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast