How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull?

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
My neighbor has a JD 755 and wants to know what size plow he can pull with it. The owners manual has no specs about it. Thanks, Von

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #2  
neighbor has a 750 i bought his i think it's a 14" 1 bottom plow worked with it.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #3  
I am not familiar with JD so I don't know what a JD 755 relates to HP wise. I can tell you this I pulled a Dearbourn 2 bottom plow with no sweat for several years with a 25 HP 4WD Bison. I have since traded up to a 40 HP NH rig.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #4  
A 755 weighs 1,700 lbs in 2 WD and 1,835 with 4WD. It has a 2 range hydrostatic transmission, a 53.6 cu in diesel with 21 Gross HP, 20 Net HP and 15 PTO with a 1,005 lb 3 pt hitch capacity at 24 inches.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #5  
The type of tires he has on his tractor will play a part in pulling a plow also. True ag tires will pull it the best, followed by R4s and then turf tires.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #6  
A 755 wasn't really designed for plowing. He would do well to pull a single 12" or 14" with it. I would recommend he consult a John Deere dealer for advice. There are three things that come to mind: (1) hydrostatics take a beating when you use it for ground-engaging activities such as plowing, (2) lack of adjustable wheel tread may be a problem for furrowing; meaning your wheels won't ride in the last furrow as they should, and (3) low ground clearance may cause you to get hung up. I may just be overcautious, because I have broken equipment using it for other than it was intended. However, were it mine, I wouldn't plow with it. Hope this helps.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #7  
One bottom even with turfs and if he could find it in a 12-14 0r 16" he still should be safe.. Low range should do just fine. To move to a two bottom 12" might still be fine I just don't know what soil he is in and that is real important.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #8  
I admit, when I pulled my two-bottom plow my 25 HP 4 WD did indeed have Ag tires. Don't think I could have done it with turf tires. I keep forgetting that there are a few chaps that purchase tractors merely to mow grass. We make ours earn her keep.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #9  
My neighbors 750 will pull a 14" single that's barely with ag tires unless your soil is like up in indiana/ohio nothing like clay or slate you'd be doing good ratio of 1 bottom to every 15-20hp or so.

It's hard to believe a 2000# 20-25hp 4wd would pull a 2 bottom plow. My neighbors agco 28hp won't not in our soil.

/ How big of a plow can a JD 755 pull? #10  
I plowed about an acre two weekends ago w/ my 35D.. ground was almost too wet to plow.. but I stuck w/ it. I had finished refurbishing an old 16" two bottom plow.. and wanted to see if my tractor could pull it.. made me happy seeing that earth being rolled over by the plows. I skimmed over it w/ the tiller the next weekend.. before planting some rye seed for cover.