Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #21  
I just bought one based on everyone's glowing reviews. I'm hoping to be able to push some grease into the front axle pivot that I've been able to put grease in without making a mess exactly once!

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #22  
I just bought one based on everyone's glowing reviews. I'm hoping to be able to push some grease into the front axle pivot that I've been able to put grease in without making a mess exactly once!

I have 78 hours on mine and have never gotten grease in it. I have changed the fitting also to no avail. I have been thinking about jacking up the front end and trying at that different angle/position. But will try this new coupling first.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #23  
I'm going to get one too. $30 is cheap price to pay for a specialty tool that makes one's grease gun work the way it should from the get go. Grease going where it belongs with little to no extra effort is worth the price, AND it makes future greasing as well as current efforts less frustrating, especially since it reduces/eliminates waste; which equates to money spent and wasted = pays for the tool over short period of time in not throwing $ away on extra grease purchased.

BTW, air in one's gun is eliminated by following the correct procedure to install a new cartridge in the gun. I'll see if I can dig up a copy of the directions I found a while back to properly install new cartridges, and post it here. Since I found them originally, I posted it in my shop and follow it to the letter. It makes it a no-brainer.:thumbsup::)

Here is a short video showing the correct method of cartridge install and air bleeding: How to Load a Grease Gun

Last edited:
   / Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #24  
The front Zerk on the front axle pivot on Kioti's seems hard to get grease into. Kubota's solve this problem by providing a "relief plug" nearby that you take out before you try to grease the front axle pivot front zerk. After you remove this plug, you can grease the front zerk until you see grease start to come out the "relief plug" hole. Then re-install the relief plug. Unfortunately Kioti does not provide for this and when the axle pivot is new, it is sometimes hard to get grease into the front one. Of course this is my opinion, but the Kubota solution is fact.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #25  
...BTW, air in one's gun is eliminated by following the correct procedure to install a new cartridge in the gun. I'll see if I can dig up a copy of the directions I found a while back to properly install new cartridges, and post it here. Since I found them originally, I posted it in my shop and follow it to the letter. It makes it a no-brainer.:thumbsup::)

Here is a short video showing the correct method of cartridge install and air bleeding: How to Load a Grease Gun

Thanks CM. I would like to see that doc also. I load my grease cartridges like the video shows, except for wiping the threads with a rag and pumping the handle while screwing down the body. My lincoln has an air purge fitting where the air and grease squirt out as the charging handle is released/pressed fwd. I usually do not have immediate problems after loading a cartridge. My issues usually begin some minutes afterwards or later, like air is leaking internally into the grease stream somehow and I lose the ability to move grease- just like the cartridge is out of grease. And I have to re-bleed the system. I have this problem much less with the Lincoln than I did with the cheap units, but it is still there.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #26  
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble greasing the front axle pivot on my Kioti. Misery loves company.

Like sdef, I've been planning on jacking up the front end to see if that would help.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #27  
The front Zerk on the front axle pivot on Kioti's seems hard to get grease into. Kubota's solve this problem by providing a "relief plug" nearby that you take out before you try to grease the front axle pivot front zerk. After you remove this plug, you can grease the front zerk until you see grease start to come out the "relief plug" hole. Then re-install the relief plug. Unfortunately Kioti does not provide for this and when the axle pivot is new, it is sometimes hard to get grease into the front one. Of course this is my opinion, but the Kubota solution is fact.

Makes sense. Maybe after mine wears enough due to lack of proper lubrication I will be able to get some grease in there. I am hoping this new fitting will hold on tight enough against the grease gun pressure to allow some grease through the zerk. And if all else fails, maybe a 10k PSI Dewalt 20V MAX gun will get her done.

Pappy I am going to try jacking it up soon.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #28  
sdef, I thought about just lifting the front end slightly with the FEL and seeing if that would provide enough relief to get some grease in there. But I haven't tried it yet. Would be a lot easier than jacking up the front end.

I haven't had any quality time with my tractor for a couple of weeks, but will try that next time I'm at my property.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #29  
Just a follow up on the Lock N Lube I bought after reading the review here. used it for the first time on my Milwaukee battery grease gun and it worked fantastic!
The grease gun was great too! (first usage since loading and priming)

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #30  
Here is the best grease gun I have bought.
30 bucks on Amazon.
Plews 30-720 UltraView Pistol Grip Grease Gun with Red Tube Ends

7178foDqCWL._SX466_.jpg