Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #1  

Recoveryhill

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU
I have had persistent problems with a couple of zerk fittings on my Kubota L3700, getting them to take grease. This was especially true of the u-joint fittings on the pto shaft.

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled into a discussion here of the LockNLube coupler, available from Amazon for $29.95. Although some comments expressed the feeling that the price was too high, I decided to give it a shot.

The coupler arrived a few days after my order was placed, it's in a blister pack. Anxious to try it out, I got a couple of wrenches to remove the end fitting from my Lincoln 1162 Pneumatic gun. Thanks Lincoln for screwing the fitting onto the male threads using a couple of hundred foot pounds of torque! Using two pipe wrenches and a number of curse words, I finally got the Lincoln fitting off and screwed the LockNLube onto the end of the hose, snugging it up with a crescent wrench.

The operation of the thumb lever to expand the collet is smooth and easy. I was concerned with the greater diameter of the terminal end but it fit nicely everywhere including pins at the bucket end of the FEL where the zerk is in a counter bore on the sleeve and into the u-joint to reach the zerk fittings located there.

Press the thumb lever, slip the collet over the zerk and release. Pump grease and every last bit goes into the fitting, absolutely no leakage. Depress the thumb lever and the head easily removes from the zerk, no resistance at all. I repeated on all the grease points for the FEL and those under the machine, same result, no muss, no fuss.

For me the cost which included free shipping was worth every penny. I have wasted a fair amount of grease on stubborn fittings and always suspected that I was not getting sufficient grease into the u-joints which would lead to early failure. This tool does the trick. It is well constructed, easy to use and does exactly what it claims to do.

I don't like grease guns, period. They are messy, can be finicky to prime and stray grease just jumps onto me, every time. To at least have the grease effortlessly go where you want it and no where else, without having to hold or depress the hose makes me like my gun, a lot better. You either grease your machine or pay a high price later. Anything that makes this task easier, for me is a very good thing.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #2  
Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence. Looks like I will be buying at least two, one for home and one for the farm.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #3  
I just purchased one of these myself about two weeks ago. I love it!
I don't have the best coordination in the world, and this thing really makes greasing almost idiot proof :laughing:
If it lasts like it should, it will be well worth the money.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #4  
I just purchased two for a friend and I. I hope it works as well as you say and it says it does. I tried the IPA grease joint rejuventor. It does get the oil into the joint however you have to really hit the thing for it to work. If you don't hit it hard enough it pops out and goes flying from the pressure. This make the oil spill out also which makes a mess. Whats even worse is when you use this on a 90 degree fitting it can break the fitting. Yes I broke one. So what was supposed to make my life easier turned into a giant pain in the butt.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #5  
diggerd,

I too was concern about it slipping off the zerk. I haven't had any issues with it yet. I greased my FEL and ZT mower with it. used one hand to attach and then let go and grease. Hasn't slipped off yet!
Time will tell.....

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #6  
Hey thanks for the review. I'm looking for anything at this point. It's a brand new tractor and I still have trouble greasing certain ones. I even pulled the pin because someone told me there the grease comes out inside it could be gunked up. They weren't and I even put in new fittings and still the same trouble. UGH very frustrating. Tractor only has 30 hours on it and I grease it in less than 8 hour intervals. I've tried spraying in penetrating oil right off the bat and that didn't help either.

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #7  
Good enough for me! Just bought one for my BX25D :D

/ Review - LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler #9  
I bought one too based on that discussion a couple of weeks ago. Mine came in the day I left town for week - of course. I'll give it a whirl when I get back. Sounds very promising.

Some people complained that $30 was too high, but a lot of people waste that on beer, pizza, cigarettes, etc. I have no problem spending money on something that makes my life easier.